• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

We need a volunteer or two to coordinate DX Contests

Resurrecting this thread. I'm open to whatever types of ideas everyone wants to try. The point of the contest is to just have fun on the radio and it also helps promote the site.

Could be Fun

Would need to determine What frequencies to use.
Can't Limit the contest to just one frequency. Maybe 16, 36,37,39,and 40. Single op only to keep it simple. I like the KISS method.

There would have to be a gentleman's agreement as to the legal 12 watt output.

Would be impossible to prove if any station was using an amplifier.

Heck even the ham contests have multi Kilowatt stations. As if that is legal:whistle:.

May be easier to use what you got. Good operating technique will make the contact just as much as using illegal power.

Start at 0001 Zulu on a Friday and end at 0001 Zulu on a Sunday. Logs should be posted within 48 hours after end of contest.

I like the idea of the CDX prefix, would definitely let other contesters know it is from the forum.

Have multipliers for mobile, and marine maritime contacts. It is amazing how an A99 will perform mounted on my 21' center console surrounded by salt water.:sneaky:

Would need to have a CDX 11 meter club roster for verification process.

Just throwing out some ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotrod
How about for a walkie talkie? I'll find a nice sandbar, extend the 4' center-loaded antenna from my Cherokee AH100 SSB and go QSO mode...or hook up the Shakespeare CB marine antenna.

Could be Fun

Have multipliers for mobile, and marine maritime contacts. It is amazing how an A99 will perform mounted on my 21' center console surrounded by salt water.:sneaky:

Reactions: wavrider
Could be Fun

Would need to determine What frequencies to use.
Can't Limit the contest to just one frequency. Maybe 16, 36,37,39,and 40. Single op only to keep it simple. I like the KISS method.

There would have to be a gentleman's agreement as to the legal 12 watt output.

Would be impossible to prove if any station was using an amplifier.

Heck even the ham contests have multi Kilowatt stations. As if that is legal:whistle:.

May be easier to use what you got. Good operating technique will make the contact just as much as using illegal power.

Start at 0001 Zulu on a Friday and end at 0001 Zulu on a Sunday. Logs should be posted within 48 hours after end of contest.

I like the idea of the CDX prefix, would definitely let other contesters know it is from the forum.

Would need to have a CDX 11 meter club roster for verification process.

Just throwing out some ideas.

would love to get in on this ...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.