• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Weak solar cycles = another big decline of the 11 meter local & DX population

Actually, where I am it is easy to be out on a boat a few miles out over the water and find yourself in a location where your cell phone can't hit a tower. My CB on my boat hooked up to my Shakespeare marine CB antenna will allow me to communicate directly with my house at distances where my phone won't.

My vinyl record collection is pretty cool, too. It includes lots of original Apple label Badfiner and Beatles records, an original copy of "Shapes of Things" by the Yardbirds, an original "Double Shot (of my Baby's Love)" by the Swinging Medallions, etc. and lots of other stuff I wouldn't dream of letting go of.

Reactions: 357magnum
It's been all over the country in the upper midwest.

I am in on this post a little late.. Over here in the big apple trees :) the DX definetly rolls , last week it was really rolling all day, even at 10pm when I turned radio back on it was still rolling all over the band.. But then there are days when there is nothing but static.. But we have a group of us locals that talk on channel 16 friday and sat, anywhere from 11pm-1am, the channel started out with 2 guys , and now we are up to 14 guys, and it continues to grow.. Granted not eveyone makes it in every week, but its a great bunch of guys.. We also have a guy that starts recording when he gets on the air and emails everyone in the group a copy, and if you missed that night or week you can listen to the recording and get caught up on what was being discussed.. Glad I found the group when I got back into the hobby.. I also do my share of DX when its rolling, I make recordings of my contacts and save them with the dates.. Lots of fun for sure.. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: codeman
Want and need are two different things . And there are people out there who still prefer vinyl records ,use radios and even send letters.!!

Guilty on all accounts!
AND I still have a VCR and VHS tapes I watch, A Tivoli Am/FM radio I listen to, my cell is a flip phone and I don't do Facebook. LOL

DX is banging here in NJ. It's 9:10 pm and I just turned off the rig after about an hour and a 1/2 on SSB and a 1/2 hour on AM. Enjoyed making the contacts. I haven't had my rig on in about 2 weeks. I'm glad I chose to turn it on. Had a few enjoyable qso's. Happy dxing. 73 PS Enjoyed SSB (as always) more than AM. AM is like a shouting match. Now I Know why many AM stations repeat lots of words and phrases 3x's. Skip land, skip land, Skip land. I just got down, I just got down, I just got down.

Reactions: space cowboy
I have a problem according to my wife, you see wherever I go if I see an antenna on a vehicle I'll ask what kind of radio they are running or if they have heard of my local radio shop or if they are on WWDX..Slowly I have built a small group of about 30 people within 20 miles of my home that now talk on a regular basis. We do talk to truckers and give directions or traffic reports if needed. We also have talked with the local shop to setup a meeting this summer for a all welcome BBQ. We are trying but about 20 years ago we had a group of 50+ in a 10 mile radius.

I have a problem according to my wife, you see wherever I go if I see an antenna on a vehicle I'll ask what kind of radio they are running or if they have heard of my local radio shop or if they are on WWDX..Slowly I have built a small group of about 30 people within 20 miles of my home that now talk on a regular basis. We do talk to truckers and give directions or traffic reports if needed. We also have talked with the local shop to setup a meeting this summer for a all welcome BBQ. We are trying but about 20 years ago we had a group of 50+ in a 10 mile radius.
Imo that's not a problem. It's terrific! A group of people who share the same interests getting together.
Great job. Keep that going. Good luck. 73's

I am trying to get my station set up before the next cycle comes back. It is coming back right?
Years and Years from now?
2016-09-01-1472723838-9260456-Solar_Cycle_Prediction.gif

2016-09-01-1472723936-1238552-cycle24magneticfield-thumb.png

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated