• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Weak solar cycles = another big decline of the 11 meter local & DX population

Thanks!

Just calling it as it is or more like what it's become.

I’d add what I know: money-laundering, flagrant visa abuse, and a pass on state audits. Artificial success.

Chicago another world of its own. Those individuals are close-mouthed, but the ones OTR can at least can keep it in the lane.

Neither group is worth a damn as drivers given general habits. YOUR family (their safety) has no meaning for them.

Neither much “participate” on air. Some keep the radio on, though.

Reactions: fourstringburn
I did not take it negatively sorry if you took it that way. I find that with political correctness comes nothing but lies and no one ever taking responsibility for their actions. Too often in life people do not say what needs to be said today. That just not me. I told a Nun to "Get lost it is not happening! " in church once. Funny thing is when I told her that people around me started clapping and patting me on the back. I guess no one ever called her on her B.S. before! Life is too short for that!

Obviously peoples perception is going to vary and their environment will likewise vary! I am sure their are still pockets in fly over country that have very nice decent people. I can only speak to what I have seen. The days of being quite are gone for me. If I see someone littering I say something to them about it. If I see a kid being destructive I ask them what the heck they are doing! The road back to what this nation used to be will not be an easy road and you can not help it along by only saying nice things to people and keeping quite when they do things that are not appropriate!

Thank you for being clear though I do appreciate it. I too am sorry if I came off as being upset. I am sipping a hot cup of tea and enjoying myself! LOL...Cheers!
I am lucky to live in small town rural Ontario Canada, not many of us on the radio, but a handful, many of us are 30 miles apart, but we get it done quite well most of the time. We have nobody using any amount of power, no foulness, no bad manners, no problems , not one. Radio is quiet, but alive and well here. All the locals are class operators. Our group is slowly growing in numbers, as we have all got better equipment and reached out farther, we find new people. When I got back into radio a few years ago it was dead. I would just not give up, kept calling, kept building better antennas, it took close to a year to find a few others on the air, then they new people , and the circle got bigger. My advice. work it like your life depended upon it. If you build it they will come. I run every night at 7 like a clock, I tell new contacts they will find me at 7 on lsb 38. If people know where and when to find you. They come back. People want to talk. We are slowly building a radio community. Everyone of us has a love for radio.

I am lucky to live in small town rural Ontario Canada, not many of us on the radio, but a handful, many of us are 30 miles apart, but we get it done quite well most of the time. We have nobody using any amount of power, no foulness, no bad manners, no problems , not one. Radio is quiet, but alive and well here. All the locals are class operators. Our group is slowly growing in numbers, as we have all got better equipment and reached out farther, we find new people. When I got back into radio a few years ago it was dead. I would just not give up, kept calling, kept building better antennas, it took close to a year to find a few others on the air, then they new people , and the circle got bigger. My advice. work it like your life depended upon it. If you build it they will come. I run every night at 7 like a clock, I tell new contacts they will find me at 7 on lsb 38. If people know where and when to find you. They come back. People want to talk. We are slowly building a radio community. Everyone of us has a love for radio.

They learnt it in kindergarten, but do they practice the holy mantra:

“Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel”

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

What part of Ontario are you in? I am located between Alliston and Base Borden, a few operators in this area as well as Toronto area. All decent operators around me.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
This is actually quite common, a lot of people who are only interested in hanging with the locals find DX to be nothing more than interference and lay off the radio when skip is rolling.

That is the way it is for me because most of my so called Locals are 15 to 40 miles away & we can't hear each other so I turn mine Off & turn the volume Up on all of my Amateur Radios.I don't care anything about talking skip on 11 meters when I can talk around the world 24/7 on the HF bands.I currently have 9 antennas up & I have 4 more assembled & ready to go up soon.I like having the bands covered & I pretty much do.I have only one life so I'm having fun with the one the Good Lord gave me. {:>)

SIX-SHOOTER

Posted by StrangeBrew:

"This is actually quite common, a lot of people who are only interested in hanging with the locals find DX to be nothing more than interference and lay off the radio when skip is rolling."

Very true, I got a great deal on a TRC 448 radio, power supply, coax, base mic and a crossbow antenna years ago from a guy that was done with it because the cycle was up and DX was running everyday.
It had become useless to him because he could no longer talk to his son during the day.
Hard to think that not everyone is a addicted DX junkie.....
Lol
This is also one of the things that drove some of us to look for ways to get around the s9+ plus signals everyday on every channel.
RC slots, or alpha channels were a way to find some peace.
Or above channel 23 for SSB.
40 channels filled up soon after and the search sent people above .405 or below .965

Jeff

What part of Ontario are you in? I am located between Alliston and Base Borden, a few operators in this area as well as Toronto area. All decent operators around me.
I am in Lanark County Ontario, between Kingston and Ottawa, near the town of Perth.

I am happiest when there is no sporadic E. When it’s there I just try to make the best of it.

I run Legal CB’s so Skip is a Big issue and it makes Local Rag Chewing almost Impossible so I prefer Zero Skip when I’m on.I did that when I was a kid growing up and now I have moved on to where my DX is far easier even under current conditions.

SIX-SHOOTER

I run Legal CB’s so Skip is a Big issue and it makes Local Rag Chewing almost Impossible so I prefer Zero Skip when I’m on.I did that when I was a kid growing up and now I have moved on to where my DX is far easier even under current conditions.

SIX-SHOOTER

On the other hand...SpE is the one thing in Ham radio that has me interested. One day, I suppose I’ll get there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated