• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Weak volume on D-104 !

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
I am transmitting but seem to be weak in modulation. I turn it up until they tell me I'm distorted but my volume is low. I have a brand new battery.I'm loud in my driveway when listening in my truck but any distance and I'm weak. ALSO, when my hand touches the mic the static gets lounder on the radio. I just wired this to work on my Uniden Washington. It is a 4 wire connected to a 5 wire connector. Any suggestions ?

Ron

kvradio.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=sonwatcher>Sonwatcher</A> at: 6/23/02 2:35:30 pm

Hi Ron,

Not sure what is the problem with that mic, but I will take a guess that it might be a grounding problem.

Make sure that all wires are securely soldered, both at the mic connector and inside the mic.

Here is a link to proper mic wiring for the Washington 5 pin. Look at Group E for the proper wiring

www.kenselectronics.com/b...wbook.html

Is it a D-104 desk mic, or is it a hand mic, like the D-104m6b?

Paul

CDX 8412

473 in S.E. PA

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.