• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Weird computer/radio issue

KJ4VRQ

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 9, 2013
I have a weird problem...

I use a yaesu 897 and ham radio deluxe software to run digital modes.

I am using a dell latitude d620 laptop computer....

Everything works great except every so often a digital voice speaks on my computer and automatically keys up my radio for about 2 to 3 seconds... I have went to the task manager to see if there were any other programs open and it says that there isn't. I have no idea what to do. It isn't that big of a deal but it gets annoying...

Any ideas???

The voice isn't telling you to kill someone is it? If you PC is connected to the net then disconnect and see if it still happens. Could be someone trying to control your rig remotely.

Reactions: 1 person
you can make HRD talk to you through your computer speakers.
It will announce the frequency, or frequency and mode, or mode or S meter. Look under VOICE in the commands to enable that feature.

I don't understand why it keys the rig,............. unless your VOX is doing it.

you can make HRD talk to you through your computer speakers.
It will announce the frequency, or frequency and mode, or mode or S meter. Look under VOICE in the commands to enable that feature.

I don't understand why it keys the rig,............. unless your VOX is doing it.

That's kind of what I am thinking too except if the voice is calling CQ it may not need VOX enabled. It may be a command function set to tx with certain voice messages.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand it either... Not sure what it's saying but it is a digital female voice. I think it may really be HRD software doing it because I have had my laptop disconnected and used it for something other than radio and never heard the voice.

I'll check the settings on HRD this weekend and see if I can figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated