• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Weird Propagation Caught This a.m. 8/15

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Was spinning the dial this morning on the CB 40. Was quiet. Not much going on anywhere. Going across ch 36 Was a good SSB signal. I flipped to LSB and was listening. Two strong stations were in QSO and eventually recognized the language as Afrikaner and one of guys said "South Africa" to boot. I could not get their attention...and they finished up and almost immediately there was another QSO in French. Couldn't raise them either :headbang

Thought it odd I heard these two QSO's very well and absolutely nothing going on anywhere else. This would have been around 9-9:30 am eastern.

Anyone else hear them or is getting morning DX from Europe/Africa on 11 meters lately?

Good signs!!
interview.gif

Hey Tez, yeah 11 meters is used worldwide for CB. Some countries the channels are a little different and some use FM instead of AM. That's the main reason you see FM included on so many Export radios. SSB is popular worldwide as well....most popular ham mode.

thats when you need a high power TE TE TE TETRODE and some water cooled equipment

Funny,I do it all the time with 100 watts and a crappy three element tribander. I've even done it several times with a wire antenna and the same 100 watts. Power is not nearly as big a part of the equation as most people think it is.

Funny,I do it all the time with 100 watts and a crappy three element tribander. I've even done it several times with a wire antenna and the same 100 watts. Power is not nearly as big a part of the equation as most people think it is.

I'm on the seacoast of New Hampshire, so I have pretty much the same shot. I guess I just pick the wrong times to Dx. BTW, I'll listen for you now too. What frequency do you frequent? (little play on words there)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.