• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

weird question

LOL thats awesome !!!! hehehehe

i was having issues one time and was changing and swaping stuff and getting really frustrated cause i wasnt fixing my problem . ........... then i remembered my mic uses a battery , yep , it just needed to be replaced .

welcome to the d'oh! club remo ;)

Attachments

• homer-simpson-doh.gif
    homer-simpson-doh.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 306
I thought I was transmitting on channel 3, but since one of the switches was up, I was actually transmitting on 27.625 instead of 26.985

I assume the reason why I didnt think anything was out of the ordinary, was while I was doing some of the testing in the mobile, some one keyed up and started talking to me. I just figured I was on regular ol channel 3

:headbang

Welcome to the "Sometimer`s Club"
(y)
Some examples...
I thought I put the dam body on the Mic cord before I soldered the plug on ...DOH!:headbang

What do you mean you forgot to slide the outside connector on the coax before soldering DOH!!!:censored:

I SWEAR IT WAS THE RED WIrE!!! DOH!!:cry:

But I am SURE it was a 7 amp Fuse !!! DOH!! :oops:

I climbed all the way to the top of the stinking tower and forgot the Coax seal ????? D O H !!!! :blink:

Or one of my all time favorites...

" How Was I supposed to know you where holding on the the antenna when I keyed to check the SWR !!!!!:eek:

Jeff

My favorite is I sent my climber to the top of the tower to trouble shoot one issue and insisted he didn't need a tag line just in case and sure enough he had to climb his butt down and get parts then go back up 300ft. Needless to say he carries a tag line every climb now lol.

And yes I am a cell site tech, a ground guy that's builds radio bad stations for AT&T, sprint, verison and whoever else has work. Love the job, hate the traveling.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?