• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Weird SS3900

magotony

Jun 1, 2021
Hi folks,
I didn't know about this forum before, so is the first time I'm on it.

The point is I bought a SS3900 many years ago (more than 15) but think is a lil' bit weird: The rear side says "DRAGON-CB" and "Made in Phillipines". It has a counter connector and only the external audio (the CW is covered with a stick).

One day I decided to open it and saw the board is IPMXX0236C. Last weekend (after almost 15 years later being QRT), I tried to make some contacts but I found some fails on it, so I'm trying to repair it but can't find any schema, so...

Anyone knows something about this transmitter?

Thanks for your help.

That really is some kind of orphan. The only Google hit I got was on a spanish-language forum in Spain. Turns out the guy asking the question had a Superstar like yours and expected to find the typical EPT3600 Ranger-made circuit board inside.

A comparison to the schemo and layout for the more-familiar EPT3600-type radio will reveal if it's close enough to get by with.

Can't remember the last time a radio's circuit-board number returned only one hit on Gargle.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hi Nomadradio, thanks for answer.
It's funny, but I think that asking spanish guy in a forum is me. I already made the same question some years ago.
I got some more new information:
- I need a new appointment for my oculist.
- I have unmounted fully the basis and the board is JPMXX0236C (not IPMXX...). My sight is not as good as I'd thought. :(:(:(

So now Googling I've found some more results. Looks like DRAGON-CB is also EURO-CB and CB-HOUSE. I'm investigating similitudes with the EPT360014C.

At least I have a li'l more info for myself.

Guys don't forget review your sight at least once a year! ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.