• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

went to my last hamfest yesterday

I find 2950's etc.... Saturn base stations all the time at fests... I have purchased working 2950's for like $100-125 USD with factory boxes and manuals. The CB "Guys" at Hamfest's think Ebay is alive at the fest's...they 99% take everything home. I have found most generally a ham that owns this gear sells at a reasonable rate. I mean how can you see better preforming HF All Band rigs for $200-to ??? and expect some op to pay $400++++ for a converted 10/11 just because it has Echo and prudy lights :cool:
around here most sell used up junk and if its new you can buy via dealers like mtc,hro,assc radio n dx for less

Sounds like the Hamfest went the way of some of the gun shows. I used to be that dealers brought the stuff that sat around the store for a while to get rid of what they could with pretty good deals. Now the dealers bring the whole store, but multiple the regular price X 3 because of the show. No deals at the gun show. Only reason to go is to catch a specialty vendor to save on shipping costs.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Hamfest went the way of some of the gun shows. I used to be that dealers brought the stuff that sat around the store for a while to get rid of what they could with pretty good deals. Now the dealers bring the whole store, but multiple the regular price X 3 because of the show. No deals at the gun show. Only reason to go is to catch a specialty vender to save on shipping costs.
Yep aint been to a gun show in 2 years now for that reason

Reactions: secret squirrel
What actual Hamfests did you Attend to find a 2950 at that price with the box and Manual
3 years ago at INDY...2 years ago at XENIA picked-up AMP SUPPLY 10m/20w SSB/CW rig (Mfg. was Tokyo High Power) Works great, a little drift like most of those rigs from 70-80's but otherwise nice little mobile or good little bench top transceiver to keep track of band conditions... Purchased for $90.00 USD in pretty nice condition...give it a 7.5/10 on cosmetics

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.