1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

What a Score!!!

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by AK321, Mar 22, 2018.

1. AK321

AK321 Member

Found this pristine, one owner and hardly used FT 1000MP on QTH classifieds, along with the external speaker for 800 bucks.

20180320_075719.jpg Boy, what a radio.

It's not a Mark V, but hey, you can't beat the price!!!

#1 AK321, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Rwb, Dorian, RoadRanger and 2 others like this.

2. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Great deal!!!

Rwb likes this.
  3. fourstringburn

fourstringburn W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member K5KNM

I'd say so!

Rwb likes this.
  4. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

Great Deal!

Rwb likes this.
  5. AK321

AK321 Member

20180411_213148.jpg

Added a few more items.

6. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Active Member

Very nice score

Rwb likes this.
  7. tba02

tba02 WOOF

Nice looking radio!

Rwb likes this.
  8. BBB

BBB Well-Known Member

Dig it. Got mine at a HAM fest loaded up with filters a few years back for about the same price. Great radio with dual tuners and it's got (2) reliable Toshiba 2sc2879s in the the final PA stage. For that reason alone, you may not need the Mark V 200W version. The FT1000-MP plays very nice with what ever medium to large amplifier you may run behind it.

You can also get in on some decent AM & ESSB HiFi audio action with a few menu settings. It is not a power house in AM mode but can achieve close to 100% modulation as long as the ALC is not triggered. This is accomplished on my transceiver by setting the radio mic gain down to about 8-9 o'clock and reducing AM carrier power down to about 5-7 watts with the mic gain turned up on a good quality powered microphone. No use of the onboard processor is required (although I use a bit of compression and digital processing built into in the Syncron desk microphone I use.) Note: the RF power knob is very touchy on the low end and could stand to be replaced with a wider range pot.

Haven't got the over zealous ALC tamed yet but I did notice a setting in the secret squirrel factory service menu about ALC levels on a handful of Bandwidths. Just keep in mind that you should document any factory settings before playing with any of the those.

Good luck and it should serve you well for many years.

Rwb and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  9. Ron D. Smith

Ron D. Smith New Member

WoW, great price, I just bought a FT-1000MP Mk5 for $1000 with the 6 meter unit and power supply. Seems to be a great rig.

Shadetree Mechanic and Dmans like this.