• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What amp?

Singularity35

DU7DVE
Jan 16, 2014
Small City, Philippines
Does anybody recognize this amp? What band does it work on? Thanks in advance.
FB_IMG_1456494164703.jpg

More than likely it's a CB amp.

These are illegal in our country, and possibly yours also, to be marketed as such and also to have in possession at any unlicensed station.

If it were an legitimate Amateur HF amplifier, it will have some sort of band selector switch for the different HF bands and also indicating them as well.

Most of these CB type amps can be used on 10 meters and will work fine but the IMD levels might be questionable on some of them.

Thanks for the replies. That's not mine and is being sold online here. Even the seller doesn't know what it is. I just thought I'd ask here where guys have lots more knowledge and might luck out on a good deal for a 2 meter amp. No such luck, seems like. Thanks again.

More than likely it's a CB amp.

These are illegal in our country, and possibly yours also, to be marketed as such and also to have in possession at any unlicensed station.

If it were an legitimate Amateur HF amplifier, it will have some sort of band selector switch for the different HF bands and also indicating them as well.

Most of these CB type amps can be used on 10 meters and will work fine but the IMD levels might be questionable on some of them.
Do all amateur amplifiers have a band selector switch? although I've only seen mono band amplifiers made for VHF/2 meters and such I thought there might be or have Ben mono band HFand or UHF amplifiers. Just curious. 73

Do all amateur amplifiers have a band selector switch? although I've only seen mono band amplifiers made for VHF/2 meters and such I thought there might be or have Ben mono band HFand or UHF amplifiers. Just curious. 73
All legitimate HF amps I'm aware of usually operate on multiple bands therefor requiring a band selector for each band or band groups depending on filter bandpass.

Any VHF I have ever seen usually say on it that it is 2 meter or 144 MHz etc. So in this case your right it wouldn't have a selector switch.

The amp in question here only has no reference to what band it is, only has a model number of 800 which I presume to be the rated amp power of 800 watts which is typical of CB amps to use rated power output for model numbers.

"legitimate HF amps "?? Your kidding right? The guy is asking what it is.
Owned a few commercial UHF amps that had no obvious band on it. But most likely a 10/11m box. Open the cover.

It would be stupid for a manufacturer to try an market a monoband HF amp. They would no market, when for a couple bucks more you can a all band model. Now I am not talking about CB type amps.
Rich

Man, if you only knew. The holier-than-thou Super Ham will even chuckle if they found out.

You are in the Amateur forum section. Obviously you don't know what an legitimate HF amplifier is nor have you offered anything intelligent to this thread.

Probably best if you stayed in the "chicken band" section.

DAVEMADEDAVEMADEDAVEMADE1111111111111..........................BEEP.

Last edited:
Chuck my guess would be an 11 meter amplifier, the hi low switch gives it away.

I do see a variable receive gain control knob so maybe 2 meter but I would guess and so no not 2 meter.

ANd the
Chuck my guess would be an 11 meter amplifier, the hi low switch gives it away.

I do see a variable receive gain control knob so maybe 2 meter but I would guess and so no not 2 meter.

And the fact that it's painted to look sort of military to appeal to the eye. Because a cool paint job on a CB amp will always yield better audio (LOUDER) and more Dosey watts ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated