• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What antenna would you choose?

338_MtRushmore

Jun 17, 2012
The Dakotas
It appears that my HOA is going to inadvertently allow antennas up to 36" in diameter, but states no "towers."

I don't like the idea of wire antennas because I'm sure they will change the covenants after they figured out they messed up. I'm certain that any replacement antennas would be treated as new. If it ever falls down, I probably won't be able to reinstall.

I'd like to get 40 and 80 meters, but 10 to 20 would be a plus.

What would you do?

Reactions: Rwb

Get a 1978 Caprice Classic. Mount the 102 inch whip and spring any way you prefer on the vehicle. Center roof is best. I get nostalgic for Ball Mounts. Park in in the street, or you driveway. Run coax to the car, buried with 3 inch diameter PVC pipe underground. Talk away. Many people say to put the car on cider blocks, leave the wheels on. Some HOA frown on cars jacked up on cider blocks in your yard.

It appears that my HOA is going to inadvertently allow antennas up to 36" in diameter, but states no "towers."

I don't like the idea of wire antennas because I'm sure they will change the covenants after they figured out they messed up. I'm certain that any replacement antennas would be treated as new. If it ever falls down, I probably won't be able to reinstall.

I'd like to get 40 and 80 meters, but 10 to 20 would be a plus.

What would you do?
put up a loop flat side

Get a 1978 Caprice Classic. Mount the 102 inch whip and spring any way you prefer on the vehicle. Center roof is best. I get nostalgic for Ball Mounts. Park in in the street, or you driveway. Run coax to the car, buried with 3 inch diameter PVC pipe underground. Talk away. Many people say to put the car on cider blocks, leave the wheels on. Some HOA frown on cars jacked up on cider blocks in your yard.
All of this with a remote tuner?

• Haha
Sorry for sarcasm, but is it even possible to take a dump without HOA allowance?
Honestly, I bought this place partially because I knew I wouldn't waste 10's of thousands of dollars on antennas for a silly hobby. The covenants here are 5 pages long and 3 pages are all about construction. I don't really want my neighborhood to look like trash anyways, and buying out of town is out because prices are insane.

No apology necessary, i get it

What kind of house you got mister? Shingle roof or metal? If it was me, I'd get some wire the color of the roof or close to it and string it along in whatever shape you can get and put the balun under the soffits and run colored coax down the wall to the radio room.

Reactions: RT431 and Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?