• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What are your favorite cw keys,bugs and paddles to use

K8PG

The Outer Limits
Jul 7, 2006
Chatham MI. EN66mi
I have many cw sending keys,my favorites to work code with are Schurr Profi II,Begalli Signature,Begalli Simplex,G4ZPY miniture paddle,Kent paddle,Mercury org-W2DAN-1978,Bencher BY-3 paddle,Martin 1934 surespeed bug,Vibroplex org.1942 bug
GHD-GT504B Straight key,J-38,J-37,Lionel Speedix,Bencher BY-1, Schurr mini key,Titanic repo-G4ZPY straight key and Burnell #2 straight key.I switch between these keys,I have 5 on my opr .posistion at all times these are the ones I use the most,Ive been collecting keys,bugs and paddles for 33 yrs now and have over 250 in my collection in cabinets.I just enjoy it muchly talking with my fingers and hearing that beautiful music
Take Care all es 73/GL/DX
DE-K8PG-PAUL CW LIVES :D :usa

CW keys

Would you be able to recomend an inexpensive key for a beginner? I'm looking to get started with a friend and we also still don't know what we will be using for radios. I don't know if that will matter or not.
marven :roll:

beginners key

Hello Marvin:
Glad to meet you,well you can get an old j-38 on e-bay inexpensively,I would not pay more than $ 35.00 for a good one
or you can ck-out some of the Chineese keys at Morse Express.com They have a fine selection of hand keys,you should start with a decent key,I dont like to recomend the cheep plastic Radio Shack key,but they are cheep about $8.00 but they fall apart.A Bencher Hand key is nice also if you can find a used one on e-bay-30-50 bucks I think.I started out with a J-38 in 1966 in Cub Scouts.Just take your time learning the alphabit and numbers and practice sending on the key,mixing them up,try to learn 3 a dAY or soTHE REAL KEY IS TO OVERLEARN IT,SO YOU DONT HAVE TO THINK ABOUT WHAT IS BEING SENT,YOU JUST KNOW-PRACTICE PRACTICE AND MORE PRACTICE.OH,I think MFJ ENTERPRISES may have a halyway decent hand key and oscillator set.Let me know how your doing if I can help I will and what type of key you get ok?
Good luck and dont give up! YOU WILL GET IT ! A EXCELLENT SITE TO ASK ALL CW AND RADIO QUESTIONS A YAHOO GROUP IS CALLED SOLIDCPYCW ,JUST JOIN THE GROUP.TAKE CARE
FUTURE CW OP.73/GL es DX
DE-K8PG-PAUL CW LIVES :usa

When you care enough to send with the very best:

triple_key.jpg

VISRadio is running a special on these - $699 for the chrome version.

I'm going to pick up one with bug, straight key and iambic; already have several single-lever Vibros...

I wish Brown Brothers Machine Company was stil in business. :cry: They made great keys etc. I have the iambic paddles and LOVE them. I just wish I had the straight key as well. :(

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.