• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What Brand Is This Base?

Interesting, not a US rig, no FCC data plate on the back, and it has FM and CW.
Wonder what the Frequency range is?
No brand...no model number.
I real quick look at the board looks Cybernet maybe...or early uniden??? and that green VCO block looks like something i have seen somewhere else....

Maybe Bob85 will chime in here.

Thanks for posting that.

Jeff

On Edit...Look at the transformer, part number EPT XXX
Thats familiar

Last edited:
Nice to have a near 'one-of-a-kind' radio.
Just look for the part number on the board. Since Audioshockwav noticed the 'EPT' on the power supply; look for a 'EPTxxxxx' on the radio board itself. This will identify the chassis and make it easy to find service data for it.

Prolly a 6900 series.
Very common; but works nice when aligned . . .

EPT was on the top of the Power supply, but i do not think it is a ranger board, my first guess was Cybernet, and Bob agreed....they were building radios a long time ago.
If you could see what PLL chip it has in it that would help.
I thought the Satern sticker was a later add on, but who knows.
The 6900 boards came later, after the 3600 boards had been around a while, I think this is much older than that.

Jeff

I got this one for you. Luck only. Friend scored one awhile back and his also was missing the label on front - owner removed. Marketed in Europe. Neat rig that is different but I wouldn't pay too much for it.

Is an Argus 5000 DX

You can google ya up some other pics.

The original posted rig has different markings on the front panel.

3123_2.jpg

Argus 5000DX elaborato colt per l'amico Piero. -AT- - YouTube

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.