• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What changes do i need to make when swapping out Toshiba 2sc2879 for HG's?

jtrouter

Jul 7, 2015
Hello All.
Myself and a friend are wanting to build a couple of 4 transistor mobile amplifiers based on a old designs that have
been floating around the web for many years. However the plans uses Toshibas 2sc2879's but we are going to use HG's.
Can anyone tell me what changes do we need to make in using the HG's? We think or have heard its just the input and output
capacitance that needs to change, however any help would be appreciated
Thank you.

I think it's just input and output tune. One thing that really helps to keep them stable, is to double up on the negative feedback resistors. I had a lot of fun with my X Force when I replaced the dei with HG.

Check it out:

Reactions: Cable Guy
HG's need more wire. Check BBi on Youtube I bet he's got a video. I would try and figure out the numbers and look for Clad capacitors. I use them because if I use a matched pair of Transistors why not use good matching caps. Dont go by the old Texas Star schematics, there a Basic theory.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.