• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What channel do you guys run when DX is Hot

What channels ya got? I go everywhere. Life is too short is stay in one place (y)

When a mudduck tries to walk on you...

Key it 'til it's hot.
Key it 'til it's hot.
Key it 'til it's hot.

When Charlie tries to get to you...

Key it 'til it's hot.
Key it 'til it's hot.
Key it 'til it's hot.

When a trucker drops the maul on you...

Key it 'til it's hot.
Key it 'til it's hot.
Key it 'til it's hot.

38 LSB Mostly ( Always like 38, Migrated to ham from channel 38 )
55 and other upper channels ( from time to time )

Also 435 Mhz ( takes a little more skill up here)
Also 144 Mhz ( but like the challenge of 70 cm better )

My favorite places to talk to are UK, Ireland and Europe. I find the best freqs for that on 11 meters are often on the "evens", e.g. 27.410, .420, .430, etc. Above 27.600 or so it starts to be more spanish speaking. 27.560, .570, .580, and .590 are pretty hot when the band is good and open.

What channels ya got? I go everywhere. Life is too short is stay in one place (y)

im with wire weasle . theres a few that i check on every lil bit , but i go round da dial trying to get back to who ever i hear calling .

I go where the skip is also. These are just my spots where I know some of the guys. I even get on 6 sometimes. Just not often.

I'm on 39 lsb most of the time with my buds
I'm on 38 lsb when DX is working

If you hear me you will hear either Eddie or Old Grandpa.

DJboutit, give me a call on 39 some morning. We are out there just about every day until the DX starts. Same with all you guys in the Houston area. I'm back on the air.

Last edited:
All over the band - and with different modes (USB/LSB) too. Anywhere but on ch 6 AM. It's too crowded and too high powered. No one around here talks on 6 - we can't compete and we cannot be heard above those guys...No way...I don't know of any station arounf the CA Bay Area that uses more than 300 watts - with the exception of 1 or 2. Most of use less than a 100 watts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.