1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

What Frequency counter do you guys recommend

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Crossbow, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Crossbow

Crossbow Active Member

2. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

https://www.ebay.com/b/Radio-Communication-Frequency-Counters/bn_7024761684
    Stay away from the low end Radio Shack models. They are too slow for bench adjustments.
    When you get it take it straight to Calibration lab and get it calibrated. Be sure you use PayPal for your payment. There is a lot of junk being sold on eBay.
    If you got the bucks to lay out: https://www.transcat.com/brand/keys...MI4_e1uZiV5QIV6R-tBh2m-w4gEAAYAiAAEgK8p_D_BwE

Are you just going to hobby or start a business?

#2 Tallman, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  3. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

I would not bother unless what you really wanted to start with was just a display.
    You changed your original posting.

Crossbow likes this.
  4. Robb

Robb Yup

As Tallman pointed out, I would also go with Hp. Thing is, to be reasonably stable, you must be sure that it has a stable 10mhz reference TXCO. Some of older ones don't have that and require an external 10mhz reference source.

5. Crossbow

Crossbow Active Member

I figured it was junk but wanted to see what you guys thought about it to make sure.
    I did not change my original post?

6. Crossbow

Crossbow Active Member

Thanks for the heads up!