• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What happend to members avatars?

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
Mine doesn't work, and in looking around a little bit, I don't see any others either.

i haven't had any trouble and i don't keep cache

iULRL.png

i haven't had any trouble and i don't keep cache

iULRL.png

Thanks QROdx, I guess you guys can see it. I sometimes want to give a guy and idea of what my MarconiX antenna looks like. So being in my post makes that easy.

Thanks,

If QROdx has an avatar and uses it here, I don't see it either. I don't think I ever clear my cache.

marconi , do you do regular software mantience on your computer ? defragging ? virus scan ? fire wall set up for your needs ? UPDATING THOSE PROGRAMS ? windows updates ? do you run any add blocking programs ? do you run a spyware detector/remover ?

marconi , do you do regular software mantience on your computer ? defragging ? virus scan ? fire wall set up for your needs ? UPDATING THOSE PROGRAMS ? windows updates ? do you run any add blocking programs ? do you run a spyware detector/remover ?

Thanks for the big print BM, it's easier on these old tired eyes.

I have virus protection, I run disk cleanup all the time, and I do the updates that show to be important, even when I'm not too sure who the importance is for...me or Microsoft. Sometimes I even have to use Recovery feature after one of these updates in order to get my PC back to working right. I've used a couple of registry cleaners, but most of them clean like a mad Mexican woman, that is on drugs and in the City jail. I did a defrag a while back, until the program running it, turned out to be enemy #1, in my household.

Then if all else fails, I go out and buy me a new computer. IMO, most of that update BS is all about Microsoft making damn sure they don't fix all the bugs they have, else all these computer would probably last for 10 years or more without an issue, and that would slow em' down in sales.

Nothing hardly gets repaired any more, we live in a throw-away economy now. The only repairs that are done any more are done buy vendors, not customers, sent to China or other places where little people are busy working for their ruler in chief or else their in jail.

This is even worse in the computer printer business, those guys need to be put on a rack for about 30 days.

And then they send the stuff back into the market place without a hitch.(y)<can not stand it>

i've been using the free edition of this program for a few years now , you may find it helpful .

SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

my adware and spybot programs rarely find anything anymore since i started using it . i have it set to automatically update and run daily . i also defrag daily .
i go to some shady places on the WWW and it works for me .
i also have my AV set to update and do a full scan daily .

Last edited by a moderator:
Booty, I downloaded the software you recommended and it fixed a few minor issues. Have you run the Repairs tab, and if you did what did you select of the 30+ options or did you just select them all?

I don't know what most of them mean.

sorry i didn't notice your question earlier . i have only updated and run the program using the full scan with the high boot scan boot option . i haven't used the used the repairs option . some of the repair options look ok to me , some i don't understand and some i wouldn't use . sorry i wasn't more help . there is a help tab that may help you , i haven't really checked it out though .

sorry i didn't notice your question earlier . i have only updated and run the program using the full scan with the high boot scan boot option . i haven't used the used the repairs option . some of the repair options look ok to me , some i don't understand and some i wouldn't use . sorry i wasn't more help . there is a help tab that may help you , i haven't really checked it out though .

Good enough, I'll leave "well enough" alone.

I did see some options available for some Window's features that can be repaired however. Some things noted that maybe some malware has turned off without my knowledge, like my error notice responses to Microsoft, my Start Menu Options window, my desktop excessive liter notices, and a few others that this Spyware product says it can fix.

They all say however, that these errant malware changes, that were done without our notice to some of Microsoft's operating system programs, can also be implemented by some legitimate programs that do the same thing in order to work right.

So, that confirms for me that I'm right about Microsoft not necessarily being our friend. I guess if we really knew what's going, real things that really affect our lives, we'd see lynchings start to flare up.

They're only salvation thus far is, they just haven't heard from Grampa yet.

Im either retarded or slow... Ive looked all over my profile for an option to add an avatar picture over by my name. im missing something.

appreciate the help but after clicking user CP there is no avatar option. and after clicking on the link, the circle is highlighted use no avatar and there is no option to unclick it. maybe i need more posts or something.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.