• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What Icom or other rig is this?

Well he didn't say it, it was his reply in the comments.
Oh. Well I missed that as well. Maybe I watched the wrong video or else I'm just a dummy load... or both. At least my mystery is solved! Now to see if I can afford one. *edit* OUCH 3K? I CAN afford it but my wife would probably divorce me and I know from experience THAT is quite spendy! Dreams crushed. What a roller coaster ride in 15 min.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cable Guy
3K for a new one is a lot, I agree. However, there are plenty of used ham rigs that will outperform any CB or export radio out there for much less. The Icom 718 can sometimes be found used on ebay for a fraction of that amount, as can other great radios. I've had mixed luck with Yaesu gear, but can't say enough good things about Kenwood and Icom. Just be aware that some rigs are easily modified for 11 meters while others are not. Research before you buy !

Hmmm ICOM IC-7300 appears to have a similar-ish display for 1/3 the expense...
How difficult would 11m mod be?

Check this out

• Love
Reactions: lonestarbandit
I hear lots and lots of 7300's on 11 meters, so the conversion can't be too hard.
Usually involves snipping certain diodes.....
It doesn't seem to have that gorgeous digital interpretation of an analog meter though...that waterfall display is incredible though...

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.