• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is a 10 k/c shift good for????

151Tomcat

Aug 16, 2012
I here this term 10 k/c shift over and over, but never had a radio with this option on it.

Can someone please tell me what the practical application is.

I here this term 10 k/c shift over and over, but never had a radio with this option on it.

You can get the A channels, going from memory here it is like 3A in between 3 and 4 and 19A and I think 23A someone will correct me if I am wrong but basically there are a few channels (frequencies) that are skipped in the normal 40 channels and this 10KC shift allows you access to them.

You can get the A channels, going from memory here it is like 3A in between 3 and 4 and 19A and I think 23A someone will correct me if I am wrong but basically there are a few channels (frequencies) that are skipped in the normal 40 channels and this 10KC shift allows you access to them.

Or to tune in someone running a Galaxy CB on SSB....bada bing!

Reactions: 4 people

If you look at a 12 band channel chart you will see in each band there are some skips or missed frequency's. These are called RC channels or "A" channels. Years ago remote controlled cars and planes used them.

The "A" channels are 3A,7A,11A,15A, and 19A. In a radio like a 2950 or Magnum 257 when you flip the dial they show up. On say a Galaxy radio to get to an "A" channel you would go to say channel 7 and then hit the 10kc switch, you are now on channel 7A.

The "A" channels are great on a noisy day when it sounds like the whole country is talking. You can flip over to an A channel and have much less noise. Since you are now on a different frequency someone on a regular cb cannot follow you there.

Reactions: 2 people
The 10 kH switch usually allows one channel above or higher and will give, as others have said, the A channels or RC skips, also channel 41, right above 40.... if the rig is already modified, this feature will fill in the gaps on high or low channels, depending on what radio this is for. :blink:

73 mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.