• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is a Chipswitched tuned up Uniden 2830 with factory bracket, manual, power cord,

It left out the rest of my title post.

It's a Chipswitched, tuned, Uniden 2830 with factory bracket, manual, power cord, mic, and 575m6c. Just wondering what it's worth? It's in great shape!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aguba4uv.jpg
uja3ete9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read that this radio is a Lincoln with a different face that says Uniden. However, I have read it's hard to find these for collectors.

I saw a Chipswitch sell for $175 by itself the other day on FeeBay

Yeah. I think it's a rare find. Espically with Chipswitch and 575m6

Here is a picture of the Whole President family.

5208d1311046881-president-line-radios-lincoln-family.jpg

Very few of the 2830`s made there way into this country, the radio is the same as a Lincoln except it is badged as a Uniden Radio and the other models are all President.
It is still the same 1980 Uniden Board in the radio.
You will find most of them across the pond in the UK.
The ChipSwitch is the best thing you can do for the HR series of radios.
If the radio and ChipSwitch are functioning properly it is a good setup.
The only thing to remember is that the radio now is getting long in the tooth.
They do have a few known problems, but most of them are documented well and are relatively easy fixes if you can work on them and have a little test equipment.
I have been running this chassis of radio on and off since the 80`s, in fact I have a President Lincoln in my truck right now.
It has A Panther Electronics 10 Meter SSB Kit in it, upgraded NB Diodes, AM detector diodes, and a Channel Guard filter in it.
I also have a HR2510 that has a ChipSwitch and a HR2600 that is in stock configuration for working 10 meter FM repeaters.

( ChipSwitch Features www.chipswitch.com )

Jeff

If I am correct a chipwich is two chocolate chip cookies with ice cream in between! (y)

Nice...now back to the OP:). How much would this be worth to a collector needing this piece? Now I'm off to the store for ice cream dang you!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.