• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is a Chipswitched tuned up Uniden 2830 with factory bracket, manual, power cord,

If it worked and is in good cosmetic condition, I'd go no higher than $75. The microphone doesn't excite me.

20 years ago $$$.

Maybe I should have asked the question in the OP... "What is the value"...there is a difference between the value of something and what you will give. For instance, I did see a Chipswitch with tray sell for $175 alone last week on FeeBay. I've seen 575s sell upward of $160...

Yes some people on eBay ask way to much. But what about an auction? If I stick an item up that people bid like crazy on and make $100 profit, is that my fault? I have a $30,000 1970 Chevelle fully restored in my shop. It appraised for that. I ask what it's worth and you say you will give me $3500 for it... That answered nothing from the OP... Am I right? Car is still worth $30K... Again, what would be the value of this radio if I had it appraised. It's not for sale, I just want to know value...

Now Duster. I didn't mean to pick on you. You have answered questions I had before and I really appreciate it. You seem to know radio values and that's why I asked in the first place. Not what you would give... You know where in coming from right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK ,I am a "Fan" of this kind of radio, I have used them a long time, like them because they are smaller than a DX style radio, have a front mic jack and with a little TLC the RX and TX are very good.
If it works 100% looks Minty and I had the desire to own another one I would likely give $200 for it.
A Lincoln new years ago, was about $325 depending on where you got it, shipping etc.
The Mic really is not that much of an add on for me, i never really cared for a power mic on these radios, and the 757 is not a big deal, again to me.
The Chipswitch adds the most value to the rig in my point of view.

I have a $30,000 1970 Chevelle fully restored in my shop. It appraised for that. I ask what it's worth and you say you will give me $3500 for it..

As you know, this is a valid example, If you find the right person that has a passion for that car, fully restored you might get twice that much.....but not from the average joe on the street.
You would be looking for a collector.
This is a radio that is still 30+ years old, there is no telling how long it will last even if it has been babied, It has not been refurbished with all new NOS parts.
In fact if you need parts to fix something that goes wrong, often it requires another 30+ years doner radio to fix.
There are no nos displays, replacement ICs, the factory final and driver is no longer made.
It is worth what one is willing to pay for it to have it.
I have seen Cobra 2000 GTL`s go for $120
I have seen the same radio go for $600 plus on E-Bay
To me, it could be worth $200, to Duster $75
What is it worth to you is the question.

Jeff

Reactions: 3 people
Here in uk isn't as rare, will draw 150 to 180 quid in good nick, 575-m6 highly collectable here, again in good nick about 50 to 80 quid, troubles are as Jeff Audioshockwave has pointed out, many parts no longer available, although some Lincolns were made right up till about 2005 and imported here in Europe,

some parts can be located, AVERA in the Netherlands ran by Piet (his English is superb, much better than my or google translate's Dutch, i can only assume when i enquired about knobs for a Jackson, google translate didn't fare too well as Piet was pishing himself laughing), would be best source of some parts,

as sadly Richard at Truckking in the UK no longer deals and he was best source here by miles, mrf 477/455 and sd1446 the latter 2 used in later production batches are all very expensive too source and that's if you can find real ones as highly faked.

I personally wouldn't buy either that or Jackson, despite Jackson being my favourite radio because of output issue alone,

but many here use them, especially as one of the bands on it, can't mind which but is 27.500-28.00 segment ch 11 to 50 correspond tp UK40FM channels 1-40 if you leave last 2 digits set at 1.2 and use 3rd last/10's of khz digit to change channel, as UK channels unlike US channels are sequential like lincoln/2830 etc vfo, all you have to do is use vfo knob as a channel selector and subtract 10 from readout to know what UK channel your on, ie 29 on LINCOLN is UK ch19

Not the best for adjacent channel or image rejection when band is quiet and strong local or skip signals about, but nice tx/rx audio and works well when working, trouble starts when they stop working, so many obsolete parts in my opinion devalues it to almost nothing, Astatic 575-M6 is a great microphone, but again not worth paying over the odds for, especially for a Uniden or Uniden clone radio as most have nice clean audio from stock microphone anyway.

end of the day its only worth what someones willing to pay for it, and no shortage of desperate collectors and dafties out there, could sell lot for 200 quid one week on e bay and 500 the next, just depends who's bidding, and how stupid they are,

I've had hundreds of chances to buy new ones and always opted for jackson, grant or 3900 instead in that order, i don't need readout as can work most frequencies out in my head very quickly and could put a 3900 counter in in a jiff if i wanted it, and the other radios in my opinion handle stronger signals better, but they do the job as well as some, better than lots of others and not as well as ones i mentioned or the pb010 Cobra 148 gtl dx/superstar ss360FM,

They also have the benefit of no expensive processors/displays to go faulty, just the same red ch display that fits them all and mc145106p/mb8719 in grant exports case pll, which is highly moddable if thats your thing.

Nissei s meters off current Ranger RCI 3900's fit them all too, so much cheaper to maintain.

Even if you can't get new pll's or outputs, theres loads of cheap second hand or spares/repairs radios use them too. Binary adders are standard 4008 series IC's and made by many companies although originals were Motorola MC14008bcp, CD4008 etc do the same job.

Probably not what you want to hear, but the truth all the same ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.