• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is it?

kopcicle

Feb 17, 2016
On the left on top of the astron. What is it ?
Asking for a friend :)
1aw2.jpg

Reactions: Rwb

2 meter yaesu not sure of flavor but earlier 1 screw on mic?

I believe it's one of the following Kenwood radios. These all look about the same, but without a closeup of the screen, I can't tell.

Kenwood TM-221A 2 meter FM 5/35 watts
Kenwood TM-231A 2 meter FM 5/10/50 watts
Kenwood TM-331A 220 FM 5/10/25 watts
Kenwood TM-431A 440 FM 5/10/35 watts
Kenwood TM-531A 1200 FM 1/10 watts

The none “A” models have horizontal buttons (top left) like the one in your photo.
Also the Kenwood TM-521 has horizontal buttons (top left). I’m thinking that is an older version, but the manuals are basically the same.

Last edited:
I believe it's one of the following Kenwood radios. These all look about the same, but without a closeup of the screen, I can't tell.

Kenwood TM-221A 2 meter FM 5/35 watts
Kenwood TM-231A 2 meter FM 5/10/50 watts
Kenwood TM-331A 220 FM 5/10/25 watts
Kenwood TM-431A 440 FM 5/10/35 watts
Kenwood TM-531A 1200 FM 1/10 watts

The none “A” models have horizontal buttons (top left) like the one in your photo.
Also the Kenwood TM-521 has horizontal buttons (top left). I’m thinking that is an older version, but the manuals are basically the same.
How many buttons do you see under the display? I see 6 on the kenwoods, and 5 on Kop's pic.

I am losing some vision though, I could be wrong.

True, The ADI AR-146, 147, 247, and the 447 all have 5 buttons. Depending on the different Kenwood versions, some of them have only 5 buttons, but you’re correct.
I think we can eliminate those Kenwood models that have 6 buttons. Some say they're basically the same radio inside, but with different button styles and faceplate logos. Regardless, it’s all a conjecture as to frequency range of that particular radio. I’d buy any of them if the price was next to nothing. Mainly because I dislike multi-functional mics and the crazy amount of pin connections it supports. That’s just me…, but the buyer needs to be prepared to find a mic for that radio and possibly make his own cord connections to boot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.