• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is the loudest export radio?

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
I am not interested in 2 pill high output radios but dual final only.
When I mean loudest.....I mean loudest without the echo/reverb on. I know a lot of exports aren't loud without the reverb on.
Loudest export without the good buddy echo/reverb on.

King Mudduck said:
Galaxy or Connex have always been the loudest to me.
I will go with the this statement.. I would also include a Magnum Delta Force because if tuned right they are LOUD :)

There seems to be a lot of people that would say the General Lee radio is the loudest going, right now..

connex, galaxy and general series, loud audio, of course I have never heard them with out the good buddy echo on 10-4??

Is your 148gtl not very loud on am? I just got one and am getting loud reports on am.

psycho said:
I am not interested in 2 pill high output radios but dual final only.
When I mean loudest.....I mean loudest without the echo/reverb on. I know a lot of exports aren't loud without the reverb on.
Loudest export without the good buddy echo/reverb on.

Psycho,
If your looking for PURE 100% AUDIO. Then I would be LOOKING at a RCI 2950 DX. I had my 2950 DX tune by Justin and talk about AUDIO. It's everything that Justin said it would do and then soon... :D I had Galaxy 99v and just about
everything else that's out there. But I still go with 2950 dx. Define "LOAD" (DISTORTION) But that's just my 2 cents worth.
Tom

First off, Galaxy, Connex, Superstar, General are all EPT3600 boards and are basicly the same radio. In fact Connex 3300, SuperStar 6600, and General Lee all have a sticker on the board inside the radio that is marked "CX3300" which tells me they came off the same line and got differnt face plates at the end. They all can be pretty nasty audio rigs with the right mods done. I had a Delta Force with non-volted NPC mod done, it was a monster! As far as the RCIs go, I never heard one on AM that was very impressive, much better on SSB IMO.

Just a touch of echo to give you that stadium effect is a good thing. Most people will choose the radio with a touch of echo as being the louder radio when compared to say a 2950, thats just the way we hear things. Beyond that there are a number of the same type radio's that will sound great when properly tuned. AA1QD, I'm with you on the Delta Force.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.