• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is the mod for the Cobra 200DX rx (to reduce splatter)

It is a crying shame you have to ask this. Being it is a brand
new radio and all. I have seen the mod posted somewhere but
forget where it is. My 2 cents, sell that radio and get something
better. Exports are junk. I would barely touch a Cobra cb,
let alone an export Cobra.

If nobody answers you, I will try and find it for you.

Mitsurugi said:
It is a crying shame you have to ask this. Being it is a brand
new radio and all. I have seen the mod posted somewhere but
forget where it is. My 2 cents, sell that radio and get something
better. Exports are junk. I would barely touch a Cobra cb,
let alone an export Cobra.

If nobody answers you, I will try and find it for you.

True, but then I've seen in on non-exports as well. Most notably the Midland 79-290, and older rigs like the GE Super Base.

The 200 uses a single-chip section for its 2nd IF stage. IC1, a UTC3361 chip, has both IF filters located nearby. the 2nd IF filter, which is between pins 3 and 5, could probably have a second filter added in series to give a bit better rejection. You also need to keep in mind that a radio thats bleeding over will come through no matter how much extra filtering you use. Part of that bleedover is on the frequency you want to receive, IE the channel you are on, and it will be demodulated just like the desired signals. in many cases a radio with poor rejection is merely just a stronger receiver as far as sensitivity goes. Turning down the RF gain will usually solve the probelm.

DTB Radio said:
The 200 uses a single-chip section for its 2nd IF stage. IC1, a UTC3361 chip, has both IF filters located nearby. the 2nd IF filter, which is between pins 3 and 5, could probably have a second filter added in series to give a bit better rejection. You also need to keep in mind that a radio thats bleeding over will come through no matter how much extra filtering you use. Part of that bleedover is on the frequency you want to receive, IE the channel you are on, and it will be demodulated just like the desired signals. in many cases a radio with poor rejection is merely just a stronger receiver as far as sensitivity goes. Turning down the RF gain will usually solve the probelm.

True, but when you compare some rigs like the Uniden Grant, it's pretty tight. Sure you get bleedover, especially if the guy is only a couple channels away and close by, but solid. Likewise, my pet favorite: The Stoner Pro40 get bleedover from nearby fwy traffic, but not nearly as much as other base stations.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.