• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is the worst source of RFI you have ever encountered?

phillips 55" 1080p plasma.
blankets hf with s9 hash.its mine so its off if i work hf.the pioneer is a better set and no rfi.

$0.99 webcam straight off ebay hong kong. It jammed the greater part of the VHF band including 2 meters for about a half mile radius.

The blinking light on the corner! Have called an fought with MDOT for the last 3 years. The guy I talked to had NO clue what RFI was! I told him it sounded like a bad transformer an he told me I didn't know what I was talking about. It effects am/fm car stereos, some parts of 20m an 40m!

The blinking light on the corner! Have called an fought with MDOT for the last 3 years. The guy I talked to had NO clue what RFI was! I told him it sounded like a bad transformer an he told me I didn't know what I was talking about. It effects am/fm car stereos, some parts of 20m an 40m!

time to report to the fcc....

time to report to the fcc....

Powerline transformers rarely cause RFI. Note: I said rarely. They will usually detonate if they start to arc internally.

Usual culprits of powerline noise are bad grounds with loose staples, loose corroded hardware, cracked insulators, loose insulator wire ties. Bad fuses and lightening arresters.

Ryobi +ONE 18 Volt Battery Charger that is for mobile use, plugs into the 12 volt DC outlet in my truck for 18 Volt tools......Charger gets plugged in and Radio goes off....Solid S-9 Buzzing noise as long as it is plugged in.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.