• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is Your Favorite Export Radio?

i agree that there is no good exports. if you were to make me choose it would be a cobra 148f gtl dx+. not because it works good (they dont) but because i have always wanted one, i like the simple looks and they are very hard to find.

Kenwood TS440SAT.

400 dollars
125 watts PEP out the box
1 diode clip gets you .3 to 30 megaherts, tx from 1.6 to 29.99999

Simple mod will net you 180 watts PEP output, clean. AM sounds AWESOME, and your just loafing your radio along.

And for those who cry foul, about it not being an export, why not? It was exported from the same country Jimmy sends his RCI crap from? :) Well, same REGION.

--Toll_Free

My Favorite Export Radio

... is the Ham International Jumbo! A big black brute of a base station ; rack-mount handles, 120 channels, dual antenna outputs, very rare.. designed in Belgium and made in Japan in the 80's

The "goodest" export radio is the Galaxy 2527. Its too bad they stopped making that radio. Still, even with all its bell and whistles, its still not even close to a Cobra 2000.

Master Chief said:
The "goodest" export radio is the Galaxy 2527. Its too bad they stopped making that radio. Still, even with all its bell and whistles, its still not even close to a Cobra 2000.

The Galaxy DX 2527 is my second favorite export radio next to the Ranger 2990 DX.

I often wonder why did Galaxy stop making the DX 2527 ???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.