• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What location on roof is best?

How about center of mass. Bit of a compromise between center of roof and center of vehicle. Then again, it really isn't gonna make that much difference. A tiny bit, but nothing earth shattering by any means. I think I'd take a look at the inside and see where it may be easier to get to. I hate messing with the interior stuff. Never seem to get it back just right.
- 'Doc

since your vehicle is an 07.. i'd use a magnet mount in the center
you can remove the magnet mount anytime you want

...and then look at all the scratches in your paint, water gets trapped under the magnets and will scratch paint and cause rust.:thumbdown:

Please don't misunderstand, I certainly don't mind drilling holes. Doesn't matter how old/new the vehicle is, that hole mount is well worth the effort. It also will NOT detract from the value of the vehicle, no matter what you're told. The newer vehicles are usually much easier to run cables through, still don't like messing with the interior though. Oh well.
- 'Doc

didn't think of it that way.
red i use a magnet mount if you don't pull the antenna won't scratch the paint
when i remove it from my moms van don't scratch the paint the van's white
can't use the kind you mount on a mirror the side mirror's are different

i wouldn't say you're slumming it with a wilson 5000. they're damn good antenna's........ for magmounts, lol. you're right about the puck mounts, it will perform much better that way!(y)

...and then look at all the scratches in your paint, water gets trapped under the magnets and will scratch paint and cause rust.:thumbdown:

I guess drilling holes in the roof won't cause the "Major" damage that a magnet mount will cause.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.