• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What Mic. For My Colt Black Shadow Base?

V8Vega

May 15, 2005
Phoenix Az.
I have a Colt SSB "Black Shadow" base that is mint (maybe NOS) in the box with everything in the orginal plastic sleeves and such...box even looks new. I've been keeping it as a collectable, but I think I'm going to run it now. What mic sounds the best on these rigs? I've been leaning toward a Turner +3, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts? I only want to do this once since the price of these old microphones is pretty high for a sweet one.

Thank's for the replies. I just bought a real nice looking +3B off ebay for $80.00. I can't wait to get it. I had a +3B when I was a teenager (I'm 45). I have a Night K-Eagle on my tube Robyn and it sounds great, but I have always thought that Turners sound good on the SS stuff. It's cool to have something different to play with too. Who knows, I might wire it to my Henry 2020 just for fun.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.