• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What one is best

Can't tell you which is 'best'. I would have to agree with others in that a '5/8'wave antenna is a '5/8'wave antenna, about the only 'big' difference is in the mechanical construction. Which is stronger, or lasts longer in the weather you expect it to 'live' in? I can't tell you that one either, too many variables involved. Compare them by weight? Heavier means stronger? Beats me, lots of variables in that too (packing?). Cost? Oooo, I ain't going there, especially the way the economy is now!
Good luck!
- 'Doc

The Workman W-58 the entire unit is better quality tested them both the workman had thicker meterials and stainless bolts and all the tubing was deburred, mechanical construction was far better should hold up better,they work about the same.

Thank you Booty for the post. I just got the answer on what antenna will replace my old 1/2 GP. I have been debating a-99 vs IMAX for the past 6 months, but I could not bring myself to replace aluminum with fiberglass.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.