• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what were the good older radios

Dont gess you have anymore of those 50 cent raido's laying around :D :pop:

lol nope, i was like 20 or so when i sold it, i really was not aware of what i had till years later.:cry:

it didn't work when i had it but it looked good for it's age. had it worked i would have ruined it so it is best that it sold i guess...... i should have asked a dollar for it.

i got it out of an old late 50s dodge panel van in a junk yard. if i can remember it was a heating and pumbing company out of the washington d.c. area. at the time i had a 65 dodge pick up truck.

oh well ive and learn.

Pearce-Simpsons. Any Japan-made Cobra. Older tube-type Regencys, Robyns or Gemtronix (the ones that shared the Kenwood chassi).

Robyns, Realistics (yes the were good), Presidents, Teaberrys, Some Johnsons, Lafayettes, ect ect.

older radios

I never owned much but from what i have owned.
Realistic trc-492 got me thru on am tilli bought a washington.
The washington was a good ssb base but i was still a am junky.
Then came my vr9000 i bought used lasted 2 days.
Then it was a magnum s3 best am radio i ever owned.
Hr 2510 awesome radio one of my faves
257 good radio good dx contacts
galaxy 979 meh radio
my 2950 new version best radio i ever owned.

Good Old radios

I have just slowly switched over to tube type base stations radios :
1-Sonar FS 2340 (40)
2- Regency Gain (23)
1- Gemtronics GTX 2300(23)
Use a real AB1 BASE amp from the 70's Yaesu FL 110 amp(115w) and alternate with a Ken Tron Pro Plus(150w) and they all work with with a non amplified TUG9 non amplified D 104

Mobile radios:
Browning LTD with Tx 75 amp
DX66V with Messenger M175 amp

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1