• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's a good "high gain" dual band 2/440 NMO mobile antenna?

I was going to mention this model. I've eyed it for a few years. I especially like the extra bandwidth for FRS and such.

I consistently read reports of construction issues. Has yours held up?

No issue and has fold over option. I also got a regular 2m 5/8 whip which is like 4' tall to use also as I have more 2m repeaters in area than 70cm ones. I too like the wifeband option in case I need to wiggle more from my Kenwood TM-V71A rig. My 2x4SR is from 2013 or so if that matters any on the construction point of it.

Reactions: Mudfoot
I just ordered the UHF version and spring kit. I'll be sure to apply thread locker to all the screws. Says will be here Tuesday from DX Engineering.

Do u have the spring? Ever have any screws work loose?

No springs for me. Wasn't aware you could run one with this antenna considering its design. Never had any issues with it. I have painted but that's because with the sand and salt on the roads up here the years have taken its toll and the black finish was basically sand blasted off a great deal of the antenna. A shot of flat black laquer followed with a clear top coat of more laquer and it looks great again.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.