• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whats it worth?alinco dr 600

fnkycoldmedina

May 18, 2005
pa
hey guys ,we just sold my friends titan walkie talkie.while i was there he pulled out some more gear .we got a alinco dr 600 mobile that is uhf/vhf/fm and has 3 coaxes coming out the back .i have powered it up and it powers up .i will try to test into a dummy load unless you advise against that ?
i am looking for a value so we can sell it for him .
he is handicapped and can always use the money so please be fair with your assesment of its value.i will do some research myself too.
this mobile is for sale but until we find out its value we are gonna hold off on the sale .it is used but in nice shape with original alinco mic .

whats it worth guys???good used pricing we are looking for.if interested feel free to make offers but like i said we want the value first befor a sale .thanks.
its a 8 out of 10 .maybe a 9.its decent.picture will be provided when it goes up for sale.thanks

i did google it .seen a guy on eham selling one for 200.00 plus freight.ok to key it into a 50ohm dummy load?just quick keys to confirm its working?

I took a look at a couple of different sites and they were showing that radio selling used for about 150$ more or less,depending on condition

Nice little radio for sure

Also a note about the 3 coaxes. The 3rd coax is for 800 mhz receive. It was an owner option you could buy and install. It WILL receive cellular also. To get into the 800 band you hit the "UHF" button and hold it for just a bit. Same as the aircraft band. Hit the "VHF" button for a bit. To go back to the other bands just hit the same buttons. That is if it has been modded which I assume it has since it has the 3rd coax added.

thanks for that info racer .yes it has 3 coaxes and all look factory installed.
so with this option i am thinking of starting this radio at 225.00 shipped.and going from there .pics will come when i start a official for sale thread .

can i key this into a 50ohm dummy load to test the output?

I dont see why not. You will need a meter that will go to the vhf high and uhf bands. Also about what it might be worth. I have seen those go from $100 to $200 depending on condition.

condition is pretty nice ,was his fathers radio and he has passed .so this money will go to his mother when it sells.everything has to start somewhere so i,m thinking 200.00 for radio plus shipping and people can make offers from that point.
watch for the for sale thread in a day or so if interested.

i am just testing for keyup into a load .i am not a ham and cant key thru an antenna .no meter to read this on ,only cb meters here .this will be tested for basic keyup .

it has a fan mounted on the heatsink too.looks automatic

Without a meter you cant really tell if the output is correct. And a radio with very low output is not worth as much.

i hear that on the output. i guess it cant be read on any cb meter eh?
dont know any hams to run it thru the paces for us .

2 meters starts out at 144 mhz. I don't think your cb meter will have that range on it. also you could put your zipcode in any of the online call books and you should be able to find a ham near you that help out.

would like to sell this radio.anyone interested?175.00 shipped...or make fair offer.was tested for output into a dummy load.:whistle:

Working or Not

I have the DJ580T handie dual band. Love it,if reasonable wouldn't mind having the matching mobile. What kind of condition,if know,working ?
If it is nice and in working condition,I would offer $150.00 total paypal price shipped to Decatur,Il. 62521

Dale

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.