• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's the latest with Glen Baxter K1MAN?

No, that guy is named Karol, VE7KFM. Glen is in the U.S., I believe his license expired and the FCC rightly refused to renew it. I think someone cobbled together a recording to do this last thing attributed to him. What a schmuck.

Last edited:
Is this the guy from Canada that broadcasts a bunch of political nonsense, and goes off on long winded tangents about pretty much anything on 14.313 Mhz.....?

14.313 is NOTHING like it was 25 years ago. That's a good thing BTW believe it or not. Your thinking of the guy Wire Weasel mentioned that hangs out on 14.275.

Is this the guy from Canada that broadcasts a bunch of political nonsense, and goes off on long winded tangents about pretty much anything on 14.313 Mhz.....?

You mean someone is finally reactivating 14.313 these days?! There used to be some pretty hilarious characters that hung out there many years ago. 14.275 is boring compared to the daily shenanigans that occurred on good ol' 313!

I'll have to keep one of my VFO's on 14.313. Maybe some of those weirdos from long ago will return!

"Herbie Baby Number One!" -- Polly Parrot

-

From what I've heard, 14.313 Mhz is fairly quiet these days. The Maritime Mobile Service Net sometimes uses 313 as a secondary frequency when they get a vessel in distress, or when a station makes contact with another station to pass non-priority traffic, they go to 313, other than that I never hear a peep on that frequency.

Of course with the marginal performance of my low hanging dipole, there's a lot that goes on the 20 meter band that I just don't hear......:unsure:

No, that guy is named Karol, VE7KFM. Glen is in the U.S., I believe his license expired and the FCC rightly refused to renew it. I think someone cobbled together a recording to do this last thing attributed to him. What a schmuck.

Yes, 'KFM certainly is a shmuck, among other things. What a loser.

Speaking of K1MAN, though, I'm listening to 14.275 as I type, and apparently someone is re-transmitting one of Baxter's "broadcasts" (read: intentional QRM/jamming/obnoxiousness). <sigh> Won't we *ever* be rid of that clown?

And oh yes, the notorious 14.313... those were the days. The antics on that frequency could be best described as the worst amateur radio had to offer. However, it was, by far, the most highly entertaining frequency -- ever. It was a riot! LOL I remember Polly Parrot well. And yes, Herbie Baby was, and still is, no. 1, IMHO. KV4FZ is a ham's ham. We miss hearing your melodious voice, Herb. (He's still active on CW. I hear him a lot on top band.)

Baxter is doing his broadcast right now on 275 ! He just was speaking of Walter Cronkite and his death . He stated that he forgave Mr. Cronkite for trying to get his license revoked.* He announced his broadcast as Ham Radio's first "Talk Show" .

On January 23, 2003, Walter Cronkite's attorney wrote to Baxter asking him to stop using Walter's voice ID over K1MAN's bulletin. "Mr. Cronkite previously requested that you refrain from any further use of the audiotape, or from any suggestion that he endorses your station, Association, or other operations."Cronkite's attorney, Ronald S. Konecky, went on to call Baxter's actions "a violation of Mr. Cronkite's rights, totally improper, and a cause of serious damage to his name and reputation."

He has a guest on now . I believe he can still use Amateur radio until the renewal issue is resolved. On the FCC page his status is listed as still "Active". It states his application for renewal is still pending .

File Number 0002250244 Radio Service HA - Amateur Call Sign K1MAN Application Status 2 - Pending

Yes, 'KFM certainly is a shmuck, among other things. What a loser.

Speaking of K1MAN, though, I'm listening to 14.275 as I type, and apparently someone is re-transmitting one of Baxter's "broadcasts" (read: intentional QRM/jamming/obnoxiousness). <sigh> Won't we *ever* be rid of that clown?

And oh yes, the notorious 14.313... those were the days. The antics on that frequency could be best described as the worst amateur radio had to offer. However, it was, by far, the most highly entertaining frequency -- ever. It was a riot! LOL I remember Polly Parrot well. And yes, Herbie Baby was, and still is, no. 1, IMHO. KV4FZ is a ham's ham. We miss hearing your melodious voice, Herb. (He's still active on CW. I hear him a lot on top band.)

I remember those guys...LOL. Those were the Bad Old Days. You could listen to the antics on 20 meters during the day, those guys screaming about INTERCON and Doc and his "Cloud Warmer", and then you could listen to the war on 75 meters during the evening...:LOL:

Remember the Rich WB2OTK faction vs. the Big AL K4OKA gang (Get on the big rig boy!) playing the pork butt song, and the 3905 vs. 3898 vs. 3895 war? The opening bid on 75 was 2KW just to key the mic, and you better run at least 5KW to be heard.

Then Riley showed up and squashed the mess on both 20 and 75, but it was funny to listen while it lasted.

But back to K1MAN, I heard a recording of him on 14.275 this afternoon. I don't know what all that is about. Probably the same group that is fighting with the guy Riley called the Canadian Fruitcake. Hopefully, the FCC will resolve this issue.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.