• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's the point?

codeman

Recovering Crackerhead
Jul 10, 2011
What is up with these guys that have huge amounts of power on their radios only to annoy people? I'm not against having a little fun on the radio,I know I do, but some people take it overboard. I am always hearing a guy from New Jersey(i think) playing an air horn noise toy on his radio. Then there is the guy who repeats himself......305 worldwide 305 worldwide 305 worldwide. Also i hear somebody saying 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1. Is this some sort of mating call?

Then there is this jackwagon around Houston. This guy is always saying work truck work truck work truck just got down all day long. What would make these turkeys do this all day long? are they crazy? What point are these guys trying to make?

mockingbird

Have you heard the guy that just says mockingbird over and over again
yep it sure is crazy out there on the frequency's...

73's:LOL:

Nobody wants to talk to them anymore, so all they have left in their sad little lives is talking to themselves .

Reactions: 2 people
Here in the southeast when skip rolls in we put up with John Denver,Motor Mouth Mauls,288,131,The illustrious Cheeseburger,Drummer Boy who goes on and on saying,"drummer"(sounds like "drama"),611 Spokane ,and various others who run power and splatter who aren't located in the southeast. We locals would like to join in but only a select few of us who run power are able to get a response from these big names I mentioned. Alligator radios? Anyways we locals wait until nightfall to be able to talk with each other. We have our own big radio operators here locally but they aren't hogging up the airwaves or are being an big annoyance. What would life be like if everyone run legal?

Last edited:
P.S. there's a black hole of CB enthusiasts on this area. Usually elderly farming community guys. I was doing research on 10 meter repeaters in my area and there's a black hole concerning them too but South Carolina has a whole bunch of 2 meter repeaters in the state. But then again I'm moving a couple of states away soon. Yippee!

We get MudFlap out of Idaho quite often and MMMaul almost daily. One local guy here can hang with them, but chooses not to. He only runs like that for maybe 30 minutes or so and then turns off 'the box'.

I'm in Texas and it seems most of the skip comes from the Northeast, so I guess it depends on where you live as to what you will hear when skip rolls in. I think that cheeseburger guy has waaaay too much fun.I haven't heard him in a while though, but that big dummy with that air horn noise toy needs to be shot...at least with a bb gun <can not stand it>

I've been hearing the air horn guy as well. Now if they can add the right amount of reverb and echo to that sound effect. I in the southeast most of our skip comes from the southwest during the day. In the early evenings we get skip from the New England states. We also get a lot of ship from the northwest.

All I hear in Fl is the overmodulated or tight stations on channel 6. When the west coast comes in there is nothing but noise toys and multiple tone roger beeps out of mexico.
With the exception of mexico and channel 6, what has been stated isn't that bad.
With CB's popularity in the crapper, a few idiots on the radio really isn't so bad.

Some people just have a HUGE ego and a small intellectual capacity. That combination is what leads to what you hear emanating from all those super high powered stations that simply ramble on about nothing. They don't really want to talk WITH anyone but rather just want to talk AT everyone.

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.