• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's wrong with this picture? Galaxy 979

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
I'm going to post a frequency modification that is on cbtricks for the Galaxy 979 series.

I believe there is a major piece of information missing from this page, and i wonder if anyone else will catch it.
of course there is always the very real chance that i am the one missing something LOL.
979freqmod.PNG

if no one seems interested in a few hours then i will post what i think i see missing.
LC

I have never seen one of these radios but always curious about the bottom trace cut with the 4.7k resister across the one trace. figured it may have a jumper to pin 16. not ever seeing one of these radios made me wonder about that portion of the cut trace. plus do not see a lead going to any of the switches for the lower resister.
not having a radio to look at made me wonder what was missing.. take it you have a radio there to look at.

What's missing is a reminder of the need for center-off switches. Only way to obtain your normal 40 channels with this setup, both switches in center position.

And no, you can't get "all" the RC channels with a simple SPST switch. Requires a center-off switch to do that, as well. One side of the switch to ground for going down one channel. Only works on channels with an odd-numbered binary to the chip. The other side of the switch goes to pin 9, to force pin 16 high, so you can go up one channel from the even-numbered binary channel codes.

Just can't get all the RC's with a single switch throw on this chip. Have to have a way to force the chip up one channel, and down one channel both.

ding ding ding!

nomad wins it!
as if anyone is surprised LOL.

yes, the switch that is used for pin 11 needs to be a SPDT center off three position switch.
otherwise you can't get the normal 40 channels.

luckily i deciphered the need for it before i attempted the mod.

the pin 10 switch can just be SPDT two position since it is high all the time in the normal 40.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated