• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's your favorite 'vintage' CB rig?

Not old enough maybe but ,President Grant
4826d1250526350-silver-streak-150-watt-president-grant-big.jpg

Well the thread title says "vintage CB rig" ... so, my choices in specific order are:

DAK Mark X
Tram D201
Courier Centurion 40D
GE Superbase
Sears Roadtalker 40SSB

My favorite non-vintage 10/11meter rigs are:

RCI 2970DX
Clearcom Ranger AR3500
President HR2510 & HR2600
Midland 79-290

Legal CB has only been around in the UK for 20 years and there are a few rigs that stand out Rotel ,York, Binatone and so on these being 40ch Fm rigs
prior to that my favourites were the Stalker 6 and 9 and a Sears roadtalker sloped front AM which I still have.
CB is kinda messed up here in the Uk with no AM or SSB (legally :) )

cheers
dcw

president jackson(pb042)/jackson classic,president grant (pc999)/grant classic,cobra 148 gtl dx mk2 (pb010)/superstar 360fm and president mckinley (pc893)/stalker 1X.president ar7,my first radio,a little gem.

All fantastic radios from a period when uniden built the best ssb exports in the world.I would be proud to own any of them.Wouldn't mind a cobra 2000 gtl either,just never understood why they didn't make it as a pb010 boarded export,it would have been THE best selling base station ever.

The Stoner pro and the cpi's are probably my favs. I'm sure I will never own ether, darn. I would like to find one of my other favs, the hygain 623. That pic of that model 90 made me drool.

I know, people will think this is strange, but mine would be a Johnson Messenger 223. Basic radio, but nevertheless, it was the first tube radio I had to troubleshoot when I was about 7 years old, and my interest grew.

Either that or a Lafayette Comstat 25B. A lot of other radios also used this chassis style. (Gemtronix 2300, etc)

well lets see-----a trc 449 or a trc 56,best rigs ever
maybe a sears 40 am/ssb roadtalker
cobra cam 88,Lafayette comstat

(y)

How would you rate these mobiles:
Browning Baron

Browning Sabre

Cobra 29x

Tran 60

Dynacan

SBE

I know, people will think this is strange, but mine would be a Johnson Messenger 223. Basic radio, but nevertheless, it was the first tube radio I had to troubleshoot when I was about 7 years old, and my interest grew.

Either that or a Lafayette Comstat 25B. A lot of other radios also used this chassis style. (Gemtronix 2300, etc)
I have a mint GemTronics GTX-3000

Royce 641 ..I had one of these rigs and it was a great rig and easy to run,very stable,worked the world with this radio

Siltronix 1011D.... by far my favorite,built like a tank and would really get out....had a moonraker 4 on it and if I could hear it I could work it

Tram ....another great rig,I knew a couple of guys that ran these on SSB with an external VFO...sounded great

How would you rate these mobiles:
Browning Baron

Browning Sabre

Cobra 29x

Tran 60

Dynacan

SBE

Tran 60 (Tram Diamond 60?)
Browning Baron
Cobra 29x
Browning Sabre

As for above radios, the Tram D60 is the only one of the above radios that occupies a space on my shelf, and it is definitely above average.

The following I figure is just a bit to broad to rate in with the individual radios. Both manufacturers sold some very nice radios, and you would really have to compare on an individual basis.

Dynacan (Dynascan AKA Cobra?)
SBE

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.