• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's your favorite 'vintage' CB rig?

I think the Browning base radios are very cool, especially the fortunate people who have the whole line with matching speaker and VFO. One day I might own one.

I do own 2 President HR2600's ( not really a CB though) that are both Chipswitched and I think they are very good radios especially for SSB. The programmable features put it above the limitations of the RCI 2900 series IMHO.

Thanks, 222!

I purchased one of these today that is in beautiful condition and supposedly working great.
Here's my question: Do stock dynamic mics hold up through the years or generally need replacing? This radio is nearly 40 years old.

Last edited:
I've always wanted one of these radios and now have one. I purchased it off ebay. The description said it looks and works good. Actually, it's looks brand new and after cleaning the contacts on the channel selector with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol it works like new.

I've had it a few weeks now and have answered the question from my previous post about whether dynamic mics hold up throught the years. The stock mic on this radio still works great!

3384-1427556013-ab02034bf3f0ccbd984e0e5d3e274db2.jpg

Amazing how these radio's bring back memories. I bought on Ebay Several old CB's in mint condition. I have one I had re-capped and gone over by a tech to align the side band.

Walkie Talkies:
(3) Realistic TRC 216; (2) Realistic TRC 222; (4) Realistic TRC 226; (3) Realistic TRC 234; (1) Realistic TRC 212; (1) Realistic TRC 239; (2) Cherokee AH100; (1) Uniden 340 XL.

Last edited:
Hi
I am a new member, and i apologize if I posted this in the wrong place.
I just picked up a couple of vintage Realistic TRC-226 walkie talkies.
They seem to be working fine on a 12 volt power supply. But each radio came with 2 battery packs, 4 AA batteries in one and 5 in the other.
And you need both of them hooked to the radio to give you 12 volts. My problem is I can't figure out how to hook up both battery packs to the radio
at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Bill Doyle

The larger battery pack holds ten. It is for when you are running Ni-Cads, which only put out 1.2 volts. The smaller battery pack is for regular alkaline batteries, which typically put out 1.5 volts each. It holds eight.

The TRC 226s are great radios. The noise rejection on them is fantastic. I run one as my mobile in my hybrid, where most other portables I've tried are over-run by engine noise.

Reactions: Bill Doyle
The larger battery pack holds ten. It is for when you are running Ni-Cads, which only put out 1.2 volts. The smaller battery pack is for regular alkaline batteries, which typically put out 1.5 volts each. It holds eight.

The TRC 226s are great radios. The noise rejection on them is fantastic. I run one as my mobile in my hybrid, where most other portables I've tried are over-run by engine noise.
Thanks For the good Info. Rick330man
I guess they are good radios.
I put 8 of the cheap Dollar Store batteries in it and
they wouldn't work. So I tried putting 10 cheap batteries in it temporally and it worked. I guess the cheap batteries don't have enough power. Thanks Again !!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.