• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where are Megawatts power supplies?

codeman

Recovering Crackerhead
Jul 10, 2011
Looking for another megawatt power supply. I have a 36 amp model and it is going strong after three years. I bought it through Amazon. I would like to buy another one for a backup or maybe a 50 amp to replace my current one and put the 36 amp on the shelf for a backup.
I see the megawatt website is out of them as well. Any idea where else to look? Ebay don't have them either.

It is crazy looking at the CB shop websites and seeing all the radios out of stock. I am also looking for a Galaxy 959 or 949. I see a few on fleabay but am leery of them.
Is this due to the Wu flu? AKA The Corona virus.

Last edited:

Everyone is out of everything - major supply chain issues. Prices on everything will be going up as well so if you see something you like pick it up now.

You heard it here first folks!

In my work I see supply chain issues and right now is like nothing I've ever seen. Shipping containers from China have doubled in price and those cost increases will be passed on to consumers. Just trying to get anything on the water right now is very difficult. China shut down one of the busiest shipping ports due to covid and then stuff like this also happened -

Not sure how long it's going to take to get back to normal but I feel like the worst is just about to hit before it gets better.

Looking for another megawatt power supply. I have a 36 amp model and it is going strong after three years. I bought it through Amazon. I would like to buy another one for a backup or maybe a 50 amp to replace my current one and put the 36 amp on the shelf for a backup.
I see the megawatt website is out of them as well. Any idea where else to look? Ebay don't have them either.

It is crazy looking at the CB shop websites and seeing all the radios out of stock. I am also looking for a Galaxy 959 or 949. I see a few on fleabay but am leery of them.
Is this due to the Wu flu? AKA The Corona virus.
I have an extra one 30-36 amp model like yours. Used for a couple of years and still working, no issues. Will sell for $50 shipped. Paypal fine

Reactions: S&W357
The company I work for here in Tampa has been using MeanWell power supplies for over 20 years. They are the ones who designed this style. MegaWatt and other similar looking supplies are actually the "clones". The "clones" even use the same power supply number scheme, I use S-40-24 (40w@24v) and S-60-24 (60w@24v) power supplies to power the products I build.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?