• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where can I get radios that will TX (and receive) at any frequency. For example, 162, 172, 182, 192, 202 mhz?So, I am basically looking for the ana

radiolearner

Sep 13, 2022
Where can I get radios that will TX (and receive) at any frequency. For example, 162, 172, 182, 192, 202 mhz?
So, I am basically looking for the analogous of a Baofeng uv-5R but that will TX at a set of five frequencies in
about 10mhz intervals.
I know people have them, but I don't know where to find/buy them.
I would need about 10 such radios.

While in the AF, was stationed with a guy who built one that would talk on EVERY freq known. He got 7 years in Leavenworth because he was using a AN/PRC 77 (was our issue radio back then) and used parts from everything including a missile system. The inside looked like something off Gilligan's Island but it worked.

I must have misinterpreted AudioShockWave's post #8 here:

"I don't know what version uv5r you have , but the ones I have are open full coverage."
By full coverage I mean across 136-174 MHz and 400-480 MHz frequencies.
You are trying to find a radio that transmits across many different bands and services.
And to buy 10 of them is going to cost a mint.
Not to mention that you will most likely run afoul of several rules violations.

Again, have you contacted the manufacturer of the Dakota Alert systems and asked for help?

Jeff

Reactions: radiolearner
By full coverage I mean across 136-174 MHz and 400-480 MHz frequencies.
You are trying to find a radio that transmits across many different bands and services.
And to buy 10 of them is going to cost a mint.
Not to mention that you will most likely run afoul of several rules violations.

Again, have you contacted the manufacturer of the Dakota Alert systems and asked for help?

Jeff
They have not been very helpful. The did point me to firestik.com for the MURS-base antenna. Otherwise, I find they are very impressively-unknowledgeable about the stuff they are selling. When I tell him it's only 400yards LOS with 6ft tall grass and the IR-transmitter can't reach the receiver, I just get "yeah, tall grass can give it problems".

You could find a CB with VOX, use that with a CB antenna to transmit to another CB at the house.
It's really not the far, even with obstructions, a 4 watt cb should cover that easily.

Jeff
For that: do the obstructions cover several 30ft-high/30ft-deep dirt mounds ?
Again, the sensor/alert/detector is at A. I am at G. The blue-lines are 30ft mounds of dirt. |AG| is 325yards.
(wasn't exactly sure what you meant by "house".)
qx6f9s.png

If you put a homemade 1/4 wave antenna or equivalent on top of one of the mounds, and the same at the place were you are it "should" cover that easily.
Standard 4 watt mobile radios should do a mile easy if the antennas are in the clear.
I assumed you were trying to get an alert at a driveway to a house.......

Jeff

Reactions: radiolearner
Do you need a alert at every spot?
Just point A to point E?
I still don't understand exactly what you are trying to do.

Jeff
I am at G 99% of the time, next to my vehicle. I am always within 20ft of my vehicle. Sometimes I will be mobile moving from G to E to Q and then back to G via the path Q->E->G.
But, for the sake of simplicity, let's say I am always at G.
Technically speaking, I am not allowed to climb on the mounds, but I can throw small items like radios up to the top of the mound, with a rope attached to the radio.
Are these passive antennae, or are they connected to power. If it is passive, I could sneak up to the top of the mound once (at night) and just leave the antenna there. The grass on top of the mounds are 6ft tall. So, the grass may hide the antenna from sight ? so, that no one even knows it's there until I am ready to retrieve it, weeks and weeks later.
I do not need an alert at every spot. I only need an alert where I am at.
tohca6.png

Last edited:
The reason for the A->B->C->D->E->F->G path, was to show an idea of using a bunch of repeaters placed at those locations, with LOS between each pair of repeaters, to BYPASS, or go-around all the darn mounds.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated