• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

where it begins

kopcicle

Feb 17, 2016
1544312711678.jpg

35 new victims...

Haha, victims. You go cuz... you spread the good word and faith of the amateur radio brotherhood.

I remember my Tech ticket, I’d never cracked a book about amateur radio but a friend that had his stayed on me until I agreed to go. I missed two or three I believe. Fast forward to my General, I actually had read quite a bit of stuff and of course I’d come a long way.

I’ll probably hang out where I’m at, I don’t really have a desire to become an Extra. I guess I should but I never have time to even turn my radio on, much less talk on it.

Here, I'll give you one. Become a VE. You can start now but you can only test, grade and proctor the technician exam.

Well yeah, that's a good reason, I didn't mean it to sound like there wasn't any good reason at all. I really should have said that I just don't have time to study, go take the test or even do what you're saying. I might average 10 minutes a year even listening on my radio, I don't know that I've ever talked on it.

Back when I was just a Tech though, I ran my 2800 in my dump and I'd talk on the repeater occasionally and that was rare. I don't even talk on the CB unless someone makes me at work, forget it here in the shop, I don't even listen most of the time. Just too busy and too many distractions.

But I will consider it, I got some things going on right now that might possibly free up some of my time and there might be some changes going on here. Never know what the future holds...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.