• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHERE TO SEND AN OLDER AMERITRON FOR REPAIR

No, I don't value people who poke and poke at others over things that they have no control over. Beating the dead horse so to speak..

Of course I value technically competent amateurs.. but I doubt you are one.

Here's why:

Throughout life I've found that the people who are the loudest in touting their strengths are, in reality, trying to cover their weaknesses.

Could I be wrong? Certainly.

Which is why I'd like to see pics of your handiwork.. WITH proof that's it's really your handiwork.

No, I don't value people who poke and poke at others over things that they have no control over. Beating the dead horse so to speak..

Of course I value technically competent amateurs.. but I doubt you are one.

Here's why:

Throughout life I've found that the people who are the loudest in touting their strengths are, in reality, trying to cover their weaknesses.

Could I be wrong? Certainly.

Which is why I'd like to see pics of your handiwork.. WITH proof that's it's really your handiwork.

That's pretty amusing.

Glad to help brighten your day!! ;)

To put an awesome phrase to use: "Put your money where your mouth is"..

Not that you've got anything to prove of course, but you did come here talking a big game so I figured surely you must have some spectacular work of yours to show for it... you do, don't you?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Just to help enlighten you, the phrase "That's pretty amusing" is not evidence of the spectacular electronics guru that you insinuate you are by insisting that ALL amateurs should be able to repair every single electronic device they own. You see that little bold word there:

Amateurs should be required to repair all their own equipment.

That implies they should be able to repair everything, from their iphone to a crystal set.. and the statement as a whole also implies that you are currently capable of this.

All I'm saying is that you should either learn how to make an accurate statement, or put your money where your mouth is. A perfectly reasonable request.. and apparently "amusing" as well. Let's not forget that you were the one trolling this thread by constantly hounding on everyone about what you think we should all be able to do.. I'm just saying I think you're full of shit.

And I'm a huge fan of bullshitters, can't you tell?

You can always prove me wrong you know.. And when you do I will apologize profusely and never question your wisdom and expertise again. I give my word... and coming from someone who is NOT a bullshitter, that means something.

Last edited:
All those that get a drivers license should beable to fix t5heir own car a rebuild the engine plus have all parts tools and computers on hand.

All people that have a computer in there house should have to have computer programming degrees ans such and should beable to fix there computer or they lose intenet.

All married couples should beable to deliver their own babies and treat their children in medical emergency situations or you should have your children taken away.

When a family member passes away you should beable to or have the know how to take care of the body "embalming" ETC or the rest of you family is taken away also.

Anyone else have any good ideas?? :pop:

SUPER!! My wife thought I had covered it all aswell. I forgot to ad that durring my Cancer my eye disease progressed so I cant drive anymore and am technically legally blind so to speak so me tinkering is not happening much anymore.

Im just wondering what the punishment is for losing eyesight?? burned alive or removing of my feet if 100% blindness accurrs because I shouldnt be walking around then anyways and loss of Amateur radio equipment eventhough one of my radios speaks that should be no excuse.;)

I don't trust your ability to decide who knows what they are doing and who does not.

Anyone want to be the B.S. police on a forum should have the intelligence to watch and wait a little. How about looking at all my posts?

Maybe someone used all those lines on you. It's not going to work here.

If you want to prove your B.S. screening abilities to the forum I suggest you use your technical competance to show me up. Otherwise you are wasting my time.

Good luck.

Glad to help brighten your day!! ;)

To put an awesome phrase to use: "Put your money where your mouth is"..

Not that you've got anything to prove of course, but you did come here talking a big game so I figured surely you must have some spectacular work of yours to show for it... you do, don't you?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Just to help enlighten you, the phrase "That's pretty amusing" is not evidence of the spectacular electronics guru that you insinuate you are by insisting that ALL amateurs should be able to repair every single electronic device they own. You see that little bold word there:

That implies they should be able to repair everything, from their iphone to a crystal set.. and the statement as a whole also implies that you are currently capable of this.

All I'm saying is that you should either learn how to make an accurate statement, or put your money where your mouth is. A perfectly reasonable request.. and apparently "amusing" as well. Let's not forget that you were the one trolling this thread by constantly hounding on everyone about what you think we should all be able to do.. I'm just saying I think you're full of shit.

And I'm a huge fan of bullshitters, can't you tell?

You can always prove me wrong you know.. And when you do I will apologize profusely and never question your wisdom and expertise again. I give my word... and coming from someone who is NOT a bullshitter, that means something.

All those that get a drivers license should beable to fix t5heir own car a rebuild the engine plus have all parts tools and computers on hand.

:pop:

Drivers licenses are not issued with the concept of providing a pool of competent drivers and mechanics. Amateur radio licenses are. Amateurs are supposed to be a national resource. Why else would FCC put up with all the extra work?

Part 97 : Sec. 97.1 Basis and Purpose
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The rules and regulations in this part are designed to provide an amateur radio service having a fundamental purpose as expressed in the following principles:

(a) Recognition and enhancement of the value of the amateur service to the public as a voluntary noncommercial communication service, particularly with respect to providing emergency communications.

(b) Continuation and extension of the amateur's proven ability to contribute to the advancement of the radio art.

(c) Encouragement and improvement of the amateur service through rules which provide for advancing skills in both the communication and technical phases of the art.

(d) Expansion of the existing reservoir within the amateur radio service of trained operators, technicians, and electronics experts.

(e) Continuation and extension of the amateur's unique ability to enhance international goodwill.

LMAO!! Well thanks for contributing to this old thread we appreciate your wisdom and all your knowledge and ability to dig deep into these questions even if it passes the actual reason of the post.

Anyways you were of absolutely no help to what the actual question was so with that you can go pride parade Troll through another thread and we appreciate you bringing all this useful information to light on how you think things should be run we will all keep this info in mind and you have a wonderful day I guess thanks for all your help. :bdh:

I don't trust your ability to decide who knows what they are doing and who does not.

Anyone want to be the B.S. police on a forum should have the intelligence to watch and wait a little. How about looking at all my posts?

Maybe someone used all those lines on you. It's not going to work here.

If you want to prove your B.S. screening abilities to the forum I suggest you use your technical competance to show me up. Otherwise you are wasting my time.

Good luck.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

ROFL..

Ok then.. I gave you an out.. you didn't take it. Therein was your mistake..

You haven't contributed anything to this discussion other than hounding people for no good reason, therefore I have absolutely no reason to consider you anything other than a troll. Why should I based on the evidence at hand? You want me to go over every post of yours to determine what kind of person you are and what kind of knowledge you have to bring to the table, but I don't have time for that, plus you've already clearly and purposefully shown the whole forum what kind of person you are right here in this thread. Given your actions, this response from the people here is a common sense result, but I'm guessing that you and common sense aren't real cozy.

I'm the type that believes wholeheartedly in the idea that your actions are what counts. You've successfully blown off a bunch of hot air here. Nothing more. If you wanted some other reaction, a different approach would have probably helped, but you clearly and purposefully came to this thread seeking to alienate everyone here. And for what? Mission accomplished then! Excellent Job..

Anyway, apologies to the rest of the folks here for my part in helping the discussion stay off-topic.

Laters!

Last edited:
Eagle thats ok I didnt expect everyone to sit back and just take these rediculous replies and rudeness. It actually brighten my day and made me proud to have the friends and family I do getting this huge wakeup call and reminder that there are some odd ducks and very unhappy bitter people in this world that speak just to speak.

I am pointing out to my kids who are also amateur operators that this is what we do not need and what is the main source and cause of so many people with bitter feelings and leaves them thinking amateur radio operators are pricks and they want nothing to do with the hobby. This is exactly what I dont want my kids to do ;)

This was actually entertaing to see we had a visitor from just one of the other elite operators group out there and they have been through here before and this wont be the last. This is an extremely active forum and is a magnet for trolls thats the price we pay. Ive been around children with urges to also outburst ramble and babble on and we have to handle it laugh it off and move on.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!

ROFL..

Ok then.. I gave you an out.. you didn't take it. Therein was your mistake..

You haven't contributed anything to this discussion other than hounding people for no good reason, therefore I have absolutely no reason to consider you anything other than a troll. Why should I based on the evidence at hand? You want me to go over every post of yours to determine what kind of person you are and what kind of knowledge you have to bring to the table, but I don't have time for that, plus you've already clearly and purposefully shown the whole forum what kind of person you are right here in this thread. Given your actions, this response from the people here is a common sense result, but I'm guessing that you and common sense aren't real cozy.

I'm the type that believes wholeheartedly in the idea that your actions are what counts. You've successfully blown off a bunch of hot air here. Nothing more. If you wanted some other reaction, a different approach would have probably helped, but you clearly and purposefully came to this thread seeking to alienate everyone here. And for what? Mission accomplished then! Excellent Job..

Anyway, apologies to the rest of the folks here for my part in helping the discussion stay off-topic.

Laters!

I have a question what exactly did you contribute to this thread beside calling someone who probably forgot this morning more than you know about electronics. He made a few simple statements that Amateurs should be able to fix thier own gear, which is 100% correct many have the same feeling thats how this hobby started building your own equipment there were no HRO's and Burkhardts back in the day.

To me the only troll was you who trolled Kamikazies posts. Did you offer Tony any advise on the fix? where he should have it fixed what to look for? You were more concerned that this guy is somehow a troll cause you didnt like what he said.

Ameritron amps are one of the easiest amps on the market to fix maybe you dont know that since you are more concerened on who you feel is a troll.

Honestly if Kamikaze was a guy who was looking to inflate his ego with his electronic prowess he would make you look foolish, and I say that confidently without even knowing your background.

Whatever you say my friend.. I'm more than secure in my own knowledge and/or lack thereof. At no point did I make the insinuation that I know even the slightest about electronics (but I do hold a bachelor's degree in EE for the record, nothing special of course and I don't work in the field of RF currently so there are certainly gaps in my knowledge).. I only asked Kamikaze to pony up and match that big talk of his, something which he was apparently unable to do.

I appreciate you taking the time to air your feelings tho. That does tend to make one feel better, and I'm always very happy to help folks out just by patiently listening and pretending to care.

Last edited:
Drivers licenses are not issued with the concept of providing a pool of competent drivers and mechanics. Amateur radio licenses are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(d) Expansion of the existing reservoir within the amateur radio service of trained operators, technicians, and electronics experts.
There's a little bit of a contradiction there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.