• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHERE TO SEND AN OLDER AMERITRON FOR REPAIR

Gee over react and bullshit much? FWIW a lot of jammers on ch38 are NOT hams despite claiming they are. Years ago we used to have a lot claiming they were hams when they wanted someone to believe their line of bullshit but after a while they were found out as the liars they were. Besides.......if you didn't like what was said why comment on a thread that has long been dead? Was it just to bring it back from the dead to start something again?
If'n it was buried properly it would not be "Zombie Walking".

I agree. I have long wanted long-dead threads to automatically lock but the forum owner disagrees.

It seems like a waste of computer resources to maintain that much data that is no longer relevant. Either that the amp has been repaired, destroyed, sold, or the OP has passed on. They should be available to read but not drug out in to the current day light.

Reactions: Riverman
It seems like a waste of computer resources to maintain that much data that is no longer relevant. Either that the amp has been repaired, destroyed, sold, or the OP has passed on. They should be available to read but not drug out in to the current day light.

You would be surprised how little resources it takes to carry old threads.
Some things that grind on resources are thousand post threads.
Repeated indexing and multiple simultaneous searches.
There was a Vb bug that allowed multiple logins/repeated-edits that was used to crash marginal hardware. Buffer/stack overflow kind of thing.
Flat text takes surprisingly little room or overhead.

As far as properly buried goes I'm on the fence. I can seal off threads on several forums and do . On the two technical forums I leave them open because what's new is old so often and I'm dealing with an educated membership capable of search functions that the Vb or Sm template doesn't have. For those that I don't poke my proboscis into , eHam leaves them open , 'Zed closes them off , Misfits and AMFone leave them open.

I know why 'Zed closes them off . Think about it . There is no mystery to Freedo.
It's all about volume.

It has to do with the type of membership. If it has to do with IQ there will be "issues".
If I'm dealing with MENSA members or morons there are always problems.
If I deal with the mean portion of the curve there are few issues.
Thing is, I am rarely if ever anywhere near the mean portion of any statistical curve of any description. What does that say about me ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.