• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whew... Imax 2000 Up 150'... Smokin'!!

Hey there..

why only 150 feet up...lol..
seriously higher is always better..

Studies have shown. the best height to work national contacts has been 1 1/2 wave lengths about 54 feet for cb band. but for international work 70+ feet works at 150' you might loose a little national DX. Just my 2 cents (think he should return his 2 cents)

actually....a hight of 500 feet or higher will afford the best DX contacts and surly will not harm local contacts (well a beam on flat
side likly will go over locals who are mostly talking vertical)

also remember..
the higher a beam is (at least set up for horizontal) the more gain it will exibit..

hope it goes well for you...
my antennas are only 50-70 feet up (to base of antennas..depending on which antenna it is) and i talk all over the world not just locally...
if i could put up a 200 foot tower or more(would need FAA and FCC aproval) but living in the city i just not have the room to put up a tower or at least the type of tower i would weant to put up..

Later

Hi guys ... Sorry I havn't been in here... We drive truck and sometimes answering people takes a while!

We live Northeast of Pittsburgh about 45 Minutes.. Out here on a big hill.. So when you climb to the top and look out there is nuthin' higher!!!

Good to meet some of you guys in here... Definately an informative Forum... Much better than the one I have been on.

Look forward to getting to know some more of you later on.. And if you hear 'ole "High Miler" in there give a yell... We;ll definately give ya a shout back!

'73's...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.