• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whew... Imax 2000 Up 150'... Smokin'!!

High Miler

May 30, 2005
Pennsylvania
I finally went the whole nine yards, expanded the tower and got my Imax up ALL the way!! 8) I live up on a hill to begin with... Let me tell ya if this Antenna doesn't perform well by itself.. Does this baby screem bloody murder now! LOL!

I am going to take some pics and have them up in the next couple of days or so...

CDX197 said:
Just have to rub it in dont you :?: :( I am wanting to go higher but need to get the tower here. Should be around 70 feet or so in the air. Wish i could get it here and get it up!

LOL!! :p All these years I kept saying the same thing... Man I wish I could be like that guy!! Finally things worked out this year that I'm King of The Hill... Atleast in this small horse town anyway!

Life is good! LOL! ;)

Thank god for friends!! I have one that has a big construction company and a BIG crane! ;) He can go over 200' high... He's set-up Cell/Radio Towers on occasion...

best height

Studies have shown. the best height to work national contacts has been 1 1/2 wave lengths about 54 feet for cb band. but for international work 70+ feet works at 150' you might loose a little national DX. Just my 2 cents

I work line of site... And with the Tall hills, Trees, and buildings near here the higher the better for line of sight, hence the 200' to 300' Cell towers/Emergency towers etc...

I started at 30' and everytime I went up it has done nothing but improve my signal... Better to transmit over and down into town rather than trying to transmit through Mountains, trees and houses... Where I live I need all the help I need.

DX has not been a problem at all by the way... I can work just about everything I hear... With the exception of real sporadic up&down signals that most experience...

Theory is good... But Practicallity is better when it's been tested at my location.

Thanks for the post though... I have always been interested in Antenna building/Theory and spent many, many hours reading the ARRL Antenna books, Simulation building my Antenna's and putting theory into practice.

I've built everything from simple #8 Ground wire Dipoles to some of the wildest looking arrays you can imagine... The Shooting Star will be going up next week, with the Vertical atop of it. That will surely get some glances I'm sure... :p

PA.

Hello high miler frome bobcat 115 in Pa. What part of pa. do you live in. WE are in schuylkill county 45 miles north east of harrisburg.
CDX116

you will like that shooting star up that high, my last raker was up about 80-90 feet and i worked everyone i heard no problems.. with 300 watts line of site was around 100-125 miles base to base and i live in a swamp

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.