• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which Came First?

gamegetter

Aug 25, 2010
The rooster's crow or the rising sun?

Genes, Not Light, Make Roosters Crow at Dawn : Discovery News

"To solve the mystery, Yoshimura and colleagues kept roosters under round-the-clock dim lighting. This didn’t deter the roosters. No matter what, they kept crowing each morning just before dawn. The researchers say this is proof that the vocalizing is entrained to a circadian rhythm. In short, the roosters are genetically programmed to crow at a certain time. At some point, the rising sun set the roosters’ internal clock, so now they crow every 24 hours."

;)

I often wondered why i would hear roosters crowing as early as 4 or 5 in the morning when the sun had not even risen yet!

... it's that @#$ Daylight Savings time crap! What else could it be? Or maybe they are from a different time zone? 'Jet-lag' can have that effect too, I think...
- 'Doc

So the rooster crows, then he gets laid then the egg gets laid!!! All before sun up, then the rooster crows again!

Last edited:
Of course I've heard some illiterate roosters that could'nt tell time and thereby crowed al day long.
Why does a rooster crow all day long

Oh yeah, me too. The neighbor's damn young rooster practiced crowing all hours of the day from sun up until sundown last summer. It made it rather annoying on the night shift while trying to sleep days with the window open for fresh air. Many times I was going to go over when he left for work and wring it's neck.

some of them roosters get dog gone territorial too, i remember a long time ago, when i was a kid(i must of been 6 or 7 years old) we had one old rooster that come and showed me he was the boss by pecking at my shins,

i told my dad and the very next morning my pop, got the water a boiling and wringed that roosters neck real fast...

All i remember is how good that 'chicken' salad my mom used to make!!! Deelicious.

some of them roosters get dog gone territorial too, i remember a long time ago, when i was a kid(i must of been 6 or 7 years old) we had one old rooster that come and showed me he was the boss by pecking at my shins,

i told my dad and the very next morning my pop, got the water a boiling and wringed that roosters neck real fast...

All i remember is how good that 'chicken' salad my mom used to make!!! Deelicious.

Geese are worse than any rooster could ever be. Those bastards can bring blood when they bite you in the back of the calf. Don't ask me how I know. :unsure:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.