• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

which has the best receive?

Porkchop

May 27, 2005
U.K.
went on a friends S9 last nite........well i thought the omegforce was good,but i was really impressed with the S9.
okay.......let's hear your comments
S9 V Galaxy 95T.
which rules the roost on receive?
looking for a new radio,so which way to go?
;)

thanx for the reply :)
i live in the uk,and use mainly fm and ssb......in your opinion which would be more suited to my needs?
it seems like a never ending search for a radio which does it all!
look forward to your reply.
ta :D

Power wise a 95T.As far as the receive goes i had a S9 for 1 day that my tech let me use.I could not tell a big difference between the two.Seemed to me like the 95T did not pick up as much ground noise as the S9 but thats just me.If you are thinking about an new S9 you may want to wait a little longer before you buy one.I have been seeing a few posts on the net that they will be a 175 watt S9 coming out soon.

My choice would be the 95T. I know a number of serious sidebanders here in the US who swear by them. They don't drift, and they are reliable. I can't make any recommendations as to the best FM rig, but any time I've used FM on the 95T, its been fine.

The 6900 and the 95T have identical circuitry. Justin ? Was it you who also said the S-9 was the same as the 99V ?

He said the reciever is schematically the same in the S-9 and the 99v. And from what I have seen it is. The 6900 and the 95T use the same Ranger board in them

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.