• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which Is Best For A Cobra IRF520 Or ERF2030 For The 40 Watt Mod

Wow Andy, have you ever thought about writing a book?

"A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum" - a play/musical parody done about the Roman Empire...

However...
"Wrote A Book Answering Questions On A Forum" - doesn't seem to have the same "ring" to it...

How about...
"Core Dumps - What You Can Really Obtain By Meddling In Some Else's Medulla" - NAH! Sounds more like a Stephen King Horrific Novel...

I'll try to think of more titles...

Stay Tuned...

Thanks though...may not always be the right ones - but I do try...

Elvis.png

Why not just get a linear and use that? It'll be far more stable, you're not over-working the radio past what it was designed to do, you've no worries about putting out crap, you've no worries about heat dissipation which I see everyone has failed to address, and you can get much more gain. Going from 20W to 40W is as pointless as going from 4W to 8W, it gets you half to a single S point.
From what I have been told is that it takes 1000 watts to see 1 s unit.

Agreed. The best jump in signal you will ever make is when you go from a 15-20 watt radio to say a 300-350 watt amplifier. After that each time you want to impress your listeners you will have to double your power to gain 1/2 an S unit.

Here is a great chart on this.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.