• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which one?

Redeye

Oct 8, 2009
South 'Bama
The hole is already drilled on my car, so the trunk lid is where it will be hard mounted. Height is a concern, so here are my two choices to pair with a 2970N2...

Wilson 5000

Predator 10k single coil w/9 inch shaft

Yes, I know that a roof mount would be better, but this is not an option for me. Yes, I know that the 10k would be better with a taller shaft, but again this is as high as I can go.

So, I'm looking for opinions as to which setup (between the two above) would tune up better for overall performance. Which would you choose?

Thanks!

The hole is already drilled on my car, so the trunk lid is where it will be hard mounted. Height is a concern, so here are my two choices to pair with a 2970N2...

Wilson 5000

Predator 10k single coil w/9 inch shaft

Yes, I know that a roof mount would be better, but this is not an option for me. Yes, I know that the 10k would be better with a taller shaft, but again this is as high as I can go.

So, I'm looking for opinions as to which setup (between the two above) would tune up better for overall performance. Which would you choose?

Thanks!
The 9'' shaft on the predator is too short for that mounting scenario, it may not tune to 1.5:1 or better so the Wilson is is a better choice.

And why is 9'' shaft as high as you can go? 17'' would work.

I tuned a Wilson 5k magnet mount on my kids car on the trunk lid right behind the window @ 1.2:1

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.