• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

which radio for txstar 250??

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
I have 3 choices which one do yall think is best??

Delta Force
Magnum s9
Connex 4800dxl

will be ssb 99% of the time..
Thanks
Bobby

Hello bigred222 thanks for the info. This connex is brand new i just took it out of the box a few months ago.. I dont know if there are any left but if you want it it is for sale.

complete with all of the tune up paper work from 8541 electronics...

Bobby

Any of the three will work. If the Magnum is a mosfet final version it might be a tad hot for a Texas Star 250. Connex is ok but the Delta is a better radio. The 4800 I had drifted just like my Galaxy 88 and 99 on SSB......like a sail boat.

I had a fatboy two pill that would get a little
crunchy when I ran my doc tuned 2510 into it
at just over 50w pep. That had 2879's in it.
Now other amps like magnaforce will take that swing
no problem.
YMMV
preacherman

hey Lords....how far from Rockford are you?
come downt o 17 some night an holla for preacherman

preacherman said:
I had a fatboy two pill that would get a little
crunchy when I ran my doc tuned 2510 into it
at just over 50w pep. That had 2879's in it.
Now other amps like magnaforce will take that swing
no problem.
YMMV
preacherman

hey Lords....how far from Rockford are you?
come downt o 17 some night an holla for preacherman

I am that is our local channel 17 :)

ME(187) george(70) madman(426),whiteboy(69) and 45...we chat with rockford sometimes... I am in lake geneva wi about 55 miles west from you :)

and ya a magnaforce,xforce and a texas star 3500+HDV worked well.....I don't clip the radios i just change the mod center around a bid and add a swing kit for full swing but on some radios they need to be turned down...dual finals too :)

My choice would be the Delta Force as far as best quality audio. They have a very good mic preamp circuit, very strong. The connex would be my second choice, only because they have a very bassy tone to them, and without modification, don't really have what I would call a sharp, crisp tone. The S9 would be my last choice, but only after I'd removed the entire TopGun circuit and retuned the transmit.

Oh no, DTB, is that a regular practice when you tune a Magnum radio? It does have an on off switch. I had a Justin tuned S3 for a short while and he removed the speech processor and top gun. I sold it because my Delta Force kicked the crap out of it even with a golden boy tune.

Butcher318 said:
Any of the three will work. If the Magnum is a mosfet final version it might be a tad hot for a Texas Star 250. Connex is ok but the Delta is a better radio. The 4800 I had drifted just like my Galaxy 88 and 99 on SSB......like a sail boat.
My 2547 tends to select what ever frequency it feels like.
Its like
Me-OOH I was on frequency
Friend- When?
Me- Just there You missed it.

Butcher318 said:
Oh no, DTB, is that a regular practice when you tune a Magnum radio?

No. I've removed it completely from only two radios, and only after the customers heard the difference in the audio between one that still had the gun in place, and one with it removed. Turning it off doesn't totally remove its effects, as can be seen on a 'scope when compared to one with it removed completely.

I would never remove the speech processor, it actually is a good thing in my opinion.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.